“Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Auckland
Los Angeles, Ca
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

The Rydges in Auckland was a really great value. The hotel staff is very friendly, the rooms are nice and clean, and the gym is very well equipped. The location is good and the internet is free. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, it sounds like you had a great time while staying with us and I am so pleased you enjoyed your room and of course our great little gym on level 3.
I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel again very soon.

Quenton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

Lovely check-in service, polite and efficient staff. We had to wait a little bit for the room, but we got a free coffee in the morning at the "Barista" cafe. Nice touch!
Comfortable room and fantastic food from the in-house restaurant!
The only downside is the expensive parking and the extra 2% Credit card fee put onto the customers.

1 Thank Dorka77
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland. I do apologise you had to wait for your room upon check in but I am so pleased you were able to enjoy a fantastic coffee from our Barist’a on the Corner to get your morning coffee fix the next day.
I do hope you had a fantastic weekend in town and I hope we can welcome you back for another very soon.
Warm regards,

Dammam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

For us it is a good location in central Auckland, but it is down a dark back street so lone females may not feel comfortable walking back in darkness.

If you can get a room at a reasonable rate then it is very good for the location.

Bar is OK, if not too many people when it can be slow service and no seating.

Not tried the restaurant for lunch/dinner.

Breakfast is good if inclusive - expensive otherwise.

Check-out can be slow. They seem to have a very complex computer system.

Overall very good if you get a good price on the room and as many extra included as possible.

Hello,

Thank you so much for your review on Rygdes Auckland, I am so pleased you found the location of the hotel very good for your needs in town.
I look forward to welcoming your back to Rydges Auckland again very soon.

Camden, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed Rydges for 7 nights from 13/8. Room was a harbour view room on 5th floor with good views. Room not large but more than adequate. Bathroom extremely small with a shower, ok as I was alone ..could be problem with 2 persons. Hotels bar and restaurant were excellent. Great selection on menu. Service was a little slow at times but was due to hotel being very busy. Both Reception and restaurant staff were exceptional....most friendly and made you feel very welcome.I certainly can recommend this hotel and hope to stay here again myself soon.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased to read you had a great time with us during your week long stay in Auckland.
We do get fantastic comments on our STK Restaurant and the staff so I am so pleased that during your stay we did not disappoint and we were able to help make your stay excellent and make you feel welcome, we know a week away from home can feel like a very long time.
I do hope you do get to come and stay with us again soon too.
With best wishes,

Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

Stayed here for the night, after booking a Mystery Deal on Wotif, so we got a good discounted rate. Have stayed here previously a few years ago. Staff were helpful when I showed them my Priorty Guest card. On checking in, requested a room with a view of the Sky Tower, if possible. However, was told only a couple of rooms have such a view and these were already booked. Asked for a harbour view instead, which was granted. The room was smaller than we were expecting (having stayed here previously), but kind of expected that they're not going to give out their better rooms on a Wotif "Wot hotel" deal. In saying that, the view was magnificent, and reading some of the reviews on here, it could have been worse, so was happy with the room we were given.

Everything was clean and tidy. We stayed here for leisure, but would choose somewhere else if it was a special occasion. (going to be staying at Skycity Grand for my birthday next month).

Had dinner at the restaurant downstairs, called STK, we were not very impressed. Service was ok but the food was very very basic. Have to order sides as the mains don't come with anything, which was a shame for the price per main. The sides that you pay extra for were very basic as well. Have tried other hotel restaurants in the area over the years which far exceed. I would suggest the restaurant improve the dinner menu and add a bit of pizzazz to the meals. I would not recommend, when there are so many good restaurants close by. We walked down to the Stamford Plaza the next day for breakfast, which was great.

Location is excellent, short walk to the Sky Tower. Nice enough hotel, but try a different restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased to read you enjoyed the view of the Harbour from your room, it really is magnificent, especially at sunset.
I do apologise that you found STK Restaurant basic, we usually have rave reviews about our fantastic steaks and service so I am disappointed that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.
I do hope you have a fantastic birthday this month and have a great night out in town.
I hope we can welcome you back to Rydges Auckland again soon
Warm regards,

Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

...to my usual. I ended up in Rydges as my usual stay was booked out. What i found was a nice, clean, modern hotel with very courteous staff. They provided me a quiet room with a very comfortable bed and good shower.
My usual stay in Auckland is rated a couple of places higher than Rydges, but honestly, I think Rydges might just have the edge.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Hello,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased to read you think Rydges has the ‘edge’ on your usual stay in Auckland and that we were able to help make your stay with us a great one.
The staff at Rydges Auckland strive to give each and every guest a wonderful experience so I am glad that on this occasion we did not disappoint.
I do hope we can welcome you back to Rydges Auckland again very soon.

Dunedin, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

Had a 2 day conference in Auckland and booked into the Rydges Hotel in Auckland because the normal place fully book.
Arrived and check in was bliss the staff were friendly and help to give me instruction the conference center. The room was clear and tidy... it was spacious.
In the morning headed for to buffet breakfast and was surprise at the wide range of food. The staff were friendly and gave me a newspaper to read.
Nice touch was coffee bar in the entrance which gave me the morning fix...
Overall a very nice and well appointed business hotel

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Hello,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us during your conference in town.
The Barist’a on the Corner is a fantastic little coffee corner for both guests and passers by, I am glad you were able to get your morning coffee fix from here during your stay.
I do hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in town as we would love to welcome you back.
With best regards,