“Excellent Auckland City Hotel”
Review of Rydges Auckland

Rydges Auckland
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Rydges is a high quality hotel with a great location and a superb view of the Skytower. Its reception staff very friendly, warm and helpful. The housekeeping staff was great. As we stayed there with a toddler, the only room for improvement is a microwave facility for heating up food or milk for our toddler. I definitely would recommend the hotel to family and friends.

1  Thank Chepie
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased you and your family had a great stay with us and found the staff and hotel to be very friendly, warm and helpful. I can understand that travelling with a toddler poses some hurdles sometimes (I have a 3 year old and another on the way), so we will do our very best at the hotel to help with any requirements you may need, just let us know.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Great location, friendly staff. Great value. Stayed in town for business and arch up with friends. Upgraded on arrival - nice surprise.
Wifi in rooms is average & water bottles bedside should be free or not there - only improvements to be made

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, we take all comments and suggestions from guests extremely seriously so I thank you for your comments. I do hope you enjoyed your time in town and had a great catch up with your friends.
With best regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed three nights for a conference and would happily return. The room was spacious and modern and the staff for the most part were friendly and helpful. Arriving at 2.45pm and not having access to my room was a little frustrating when the conference opened at 3.45pm. I was not the only person waiting for a room and I felt particularly sorry for visitors from across the Tasman who had been travelling many hours. However the rest of my stay was stress free and comfortable. Comfy bed, lovely breakfasts and handy to most amenities.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Hello,
Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, firstly I would like to apologise for your wait upon arrival for your room, I can understand how this can be frustrating, especially when you have a conference to attend.
But I am pleased that the rest of your 3 night stay was stress free and comfortable and you enjoyed the comfy beds and lovely breakfasts. Your title also says a lot as we are extrememly proud of the conferencing options available at Rydges Auckland so I am so pleased you found it to be a perfect venue for your event.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Rydges Auckland soon.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2012

You usually know what you are getting with a Rydges hotel. So had another pleasant Rydges stay. Nice location in Central Auckland, acceptable food and friendly staff. Great beds! Lovely bathroom. No complaints.

1  Thank LPNSW

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased you had another great stay with us. I am glad you mentioned the lovely bathroom as we are currently in the process of refurbishing them in the original tower , so I am very pleased you liked it.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Rydges Auckland for another great stay.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

I wish I could comment on the hotel as a whole but unfortunately I can only comment on the customer service as after a long day of travel we arrived at the hotel where we were told they had overbooked their rooms and our reservations were no longer there. Please note that we booked our rooms 6 months in advance and paid in full. Their managers were not only rude and unapologetic about the whole situation but they did not provide us with any "make good" items for our troubles. They tries to put us in a lessor hotel and we would not stand for it. This was not an isolated incident as they were telling six more rooms that night they wouldn't have accommodation and when we spoke to our travel guide in the morning he said that he had just had the same thing happen to a group he toured earlier in the month. There are a ton of hotels in the area at the same price range that I would give my money to instead of these jerks!!!

5  Thank Eryka12
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I enjoyed our stay at Rydges Auckland,I live in Auckland went to a conference & decided to stay in the city,great food & service.
The one thing I do have a beef about is the cost of valet parking & self parking, valet is $30.00 a night,if you park yourself & then want to go out you have to pay $20.00 everytime you take out your car & return,a bit over the top I thought.
The hotel was very comfortable though & you can walk to most places in the inner city.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Hello,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, it pleases me to read that you found the hotel to have great food and service and very comfortable for your needs in town. In regards to your parking comments; parking can be an issue when staying in the city which is why we give our guests many different options regarding their vehicles – valet is obviously the most convenient but guests also have the option of self parking which can work out cheaper if requiring their vehicles many times over the course of their stay.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Rydges Auckland very soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Great central location with good sized rooms with great service. Hotel restaurant is also fantastic. Overall a great place to stay on business or pleasure in Auckland. Very handy location only one block over from Sky City.

1  Thank LukaszZ

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased to read you found the hotel to be in a great location with great service, I am also pleased you found our STK Restaurant fantastic as we think it is too and are very proud of it.

I looked forward to welcoming you back to Rydges Auckland very soon.
With best regards,