“Great start to our holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rydges Auckland

Rydges Auckland
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Auckland
“Great start to our holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed here for our first 2 nights in NZ. The location was gerat - walking distance to many great places. The buffet breakfast was great. We stayed in 2 different rooms due to an issue in the first room - the 2nd room was much bigger (but didn't have a great view). Big enough for our family of 2 adults and 2 kids (6 and 3). The service we received was fantastic. Would stay again when in Auckland.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rebecca S
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, it sounds like you had a great time with the family while in town and I am so pleased we were able to contribute to the start of your holiday. I do hope the rest of your holiday was excellent and the kids behaved themselves!
I do hope we can welcome you and your family back to Rydges Auckland very soon.

Best wishes,
Quenton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Concierge - attentive
Room size - good
Bathroom - clean and good shower
Valet parking - cheaper than parking in the carpark next door

Initially a bit tricky to find Federal Street in Auckland with the one way direction flow of some streets, but location is convenient!

Room Tip: Become a member of their loyalty club, which is free, to receive further discounts when making a boo...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank miss_sensei83
Hi there,

Thank you for your review on Rydges Auckland. I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your room and found our location to be convenient for your needs in town. I hope the rest of your NZ trip fantastic and I look forward to welcoming you back to Rydges Auckland very soon.

With kind regards,
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here recently for 3 nights for work and its a pretty nice place to stay. Clean, modern but feels pretty sterile - I'm not a fan of corporate hotels. The only thing I find irritating about this place is the lousy WiFi connection. In this day and age where people have more than one device across different platforms this is really inadequate. The free service is pointless and proved more frustrating and the paid premium service times out after a certain amount of data download. My be its a NZ thing but I'm a global traveller and expect more

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TraveMate
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Hello,
Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, we take all our reviews very seriously so I thank you for your comments on the wif and as such you would be pleased to know this is in the process of being upgraded.
I am so pleased you found the hotel to be clean and modern and I hope we can welcome you back to Rdydges Auckland very soon.

Regards,
Ayrshire, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

Staff were very pleasant and extremely helpful. Nice clean rooms. Great selection at breakfast. Great location - just a short walk to Sky tower and harbour. Good to get a comfy bed after a very long flight!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LCGAyrshire_Scotland
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased you touched on all the things we are so very proud of at Rydges Auckland, from the extremely helpful staff, to great food in the restaurant, our location and our fantastic beds.
I do hope you had a wonderful time in New Zealand while you were here, I see from your reviews you went all over so I do hope you really got to have a great Kiwi experience.
Would love to welcome you back to Rydges Auckland soon.

Best wishes,
Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

We got a good price and booked for three nights at the end of our holiday. The rooms were quiet, clean but lacking in kitchen equipment. The hotel is situated very close to the main street, and as appears to be the "norm" in Auckland, valet parking is extra. The room amenities were top class. The only slight problem was we had to chase up housekeeping to service our room as it had not been done by 3.30pm

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I do hope you had a wonderful holiday in New Zealand and you were able to see and do as much as possible.
I do hope we can welcome you back to Rydges Auckland very soon.

With kind regards,
HamiltonNZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

It was a last minute decision to stay here..but when I saw they had a great deal on their website I couldnt resit.
I phoned first to check on the type of room I would get as I really wanted to make sure I got a room with a Dream Bed. Carina looked after me and when I arrived the next day she had loaded into the system my request. Bed was great by the way and the linen on the bed was beautiful.

My room was devine. I had a Superior King room.
Nice decor and lots of room. I liked the large desk and comfortable office chair that would make working at night much easier. The Bathroom was a unique design I had not seen before in a hotel but it worked really well. I especially liked the hurraicane shower.

The resturant very good. The Waitress (American or Canadian) was a real delight and had a great sense of humour. I had dinner with a friend and our only complaint (if you can call it that) was the meals were huge. So next time I will just order two starters.

Rydges Auckland is easy to find off the Auckland motorway. (Follow the directions on the website) and its a quick walk to Queen street and close to the Viaduct.

My one recommendation is that I would like more hooks in the bathroom.

As a note: I ran into quite a few staff when I was staying here...and from reception, to kitchen, to the lady I met in the lift cleaning the mirrors, the staff were friendly and professional and it was a credit to Rydges.

Room Tip: Some rooms face onto an apartment complex and you can see into everyones rooms. Its Ok...but can be...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Katsolo
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, it sounds like you had a fantastic time with us and I am so pleased to read you found all the staff to be friendly and professional – they really are a great asset to Rydges Auckland.
The dreams beds really are wonderful and prove to give great night sleeps to our guests, we get many great comments on them so I am pleased you loved them too.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Rydges Auckland very soon.

Kindest regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

Rydges is a high quality hotel with a great location and a superb view of the Skytower. Its reception staff very friendly, warm and helpful. The housekeeping staff was great. As we stayed there with a toddler, the only room for improvement is a microwave facility for heating up food or milk for our toddler. I definitely would recommend the hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Chepie
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased you and your family had a great stay with us and found the staff and hotel to be very friendly, warm and helpful. I can understand that travelling with a toddler poses some hurdles sometimes (I have a 3 year old and another on the way), so we will do our very best at the hotel to help with any requirements you may need, just let us know.

With warm regards,