Having just come from Sydney and staying the week at the Shangri-la, this seemed like a huge step down. I would say this hotel should be rated between 2 and 3 stars. The positives: the front desk staff were super great. They helped make my stay better! Also, the rooms and beds are cozy and comfy. Close to public transportation. The negatives: cleaning staff sometimes never cleaned my room. But as soon as this was discussed with the hotel it was corrected. Also the sheets had a weird smell. Hotel is a little bit too far from the Queen street. When returning from queen street I needed to climb up a huge hill. Also, the area the hotel is in is a bit seedy. It is right near the casino. On more than one occasion I saw quite a few homeless people kicking it in the area.
Just to add, Auckland is a strange place as a whole. Quality standards seem to be lower than other parts of the world in general and not a good value for your money. Please keep this mind if you plan on visiting or staying in the area. If you have a choice, choose to stay in Davenport or one of the islands. Which are much nicer. Cheers! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation and Breakfast packages available; Long stay Accommodation prices available; Modern furnishings and fittings; Complimentary Newspapers;100% Non smoking; For genuine caring hospitality and service please contact Rydges Auckland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HRS and getaroom.com so you can book your Rydges Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Rydges Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Rydges Hotel
- Rydges Auckland New Zealand