The check-in process was fast and easy. I was surprised that I wasn't offered the opportunity not to join their loyalty program though, as that seems to be standard when you don't already have that number on the booking.
I stayed in a Deluxe Harbour View Room, although the harbour view was minimal. Most of the view was of an apartment block that was on the opposite side of the road.
The linens are in desperate need of being replaced. The pillow covers are turning yellow, and the bed sheets, were in places, literally threadbare, and the bed sheets still had little black hairs on them. Not what I would have expected for this type of establishment.
If I can continue to be critical, for a deluxe room, the furnishing wasn't exactly great. There was mismatched furniture - most things were of a dark wood, but even then they didn't match, and then this odd, modern glass desk which didn't fit in at all. A single piece of artwork in the room, while other main walls remain bare. It doesn't affect the quality of the stay at all, but it goes to speak to the attention to detail (or lack thereof).
One of the main reasons for staying at this property was the great location in that it was quite central and within walking distance to most of my meetings. However, there was significant rain during my stay, which isn't totally out of the realms of possibility in Auckland, however there were no umbrellas in the hotel room, and none at reception - sorry sir, but we're all out. Seriously?? This was not just on one occasion, but on consecutive days. Simply amazing. I have serious reservations about staying there again, especially when there are other hotels for a comparable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation and Breakfast packages available; Long stay Accommodation prices available; Modern furnishings and fittings; Complimentary Newspapers;100% Non smoking; For genuine caring hospitality and service please contact Rydges Auckland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Rydges Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Rydges Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Rydges Hotel
- Rydges Auckland New Zealand