“A Great place to launch your Auckland vist”
Review of Rydges Auckland

Rydges Auckland
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel is centrally located and is very handy to the viaduct and other Auckland activities. It is very good value and clean and tidy. I did not eat at the hotel. For business meetings I have previously used this establishment as well. The staff are good and look after your needs.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the harbour.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, it is very much appreciated. I am so pleased you found the hotel ad staff to be everything you needed for your visit to Auckland, hopefully on your next stay you can try out our stk Lounge Bar and Restaurant, the food is amazing and well worth a visit.
Thank you again for your review.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is a really nice hotel in the perfect location for shops and harbour. Rooms are a good size, well laid out and spotlessly clean. The staff were always really friendly and helpful throughout our stay

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review, I hope you had a wonderful time in Auckland and were able to see and do as much as possible during your stay. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Fabulous visit, from the moment we pulled up out front till the day we left we felt completely looked after. It was my Mums birthday which they picked up in casual conversation so they treated her to dessert at dinner. It's the small things that matter like the concierge remembering our names making you feel cared for.

• Stayed: November 2013

I hope your mum had a wonderful birthday! I must say I love the title to your review, I will most certainly pass on your lovely comments to all the staff so they know what a great impact they had on your recent stay with us. I hope your next is not too far away.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 11 January 2014

The hotel was great, but we had a disappointing time at their New Year's Eve party, Light Up the Night. The tickets were expensive and we really didn't feel worth it in the end. 90% of the "open sky" viewing deck to the sky tower fireworks was covered, so everyone had to crowd against the far wall of the deck to see. Even then, unless you were one of the luck 20 or so people who squished against the wall itself, you only saw half of the tower. The supposedly open bar was only a choice of beer and white or red wine. The food was great, but dominated by seafood choices, and the setup of the entire deck was not well thought out at all. Staff were bringing tables, couches and chairs out as the night went on, so it seemed they hadn't prepared very well. All-in-all, we could see that they were trying their hardest to make it an enjoyable night for everyone, but we were really disappointed. We ended up staying for only a half hour out of the 3 hours allotted, then came back for a few minutes for the midnight toast and fireworks. For the cost of the ticket…really not worth it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I am so sorry to read you had a disappointing experience with us during our New Years Eve party on the Rooftop – I will most certainly take all your comments and suggestions into consideration when we start planning for this years party so it can go off without a hitch.
I am pleased you enjoyed the food though, we have had some great comments regarding this night and the food was right up there with the best so I am glad you thought so too.
I hope your next visit with us is not too far away.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I selected the hotel on a basis of both cost and location - it served both perfectly. Access to all aspects of the city - sights to see, ferry terminal, restaurants, shops. Staff were very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable in all aspects I enquired about! After my first visit, I returned on another 2 occasions during this trip as it suited exactly what I was looking for.

• Stayed: January 2014

I am so pleased Rydges Auckland ticked all your boxes for your recent stay in town and that we could help you get around to seeing all it has to offer. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is an excellent hotel and comes at great value. We arrived to find we had been placed in a top floor suite (I thought I had booked a harbour view room, but the fact that it was a suite made it even better value for money). The hotel is clean, the staff is pleasant, the location is brilliant, and the price is very good. Rydges is fast becoming my "go-to" for Auckland accommodation - highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view - it is worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

That’s so great to hear that Rydges Auckland is fast becoming your ‘go-to’ hotel for when you visit the city, we love having you here! Thank you for your review, I am so pleased you find our location brilliant and the staff to be pleasant. We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Loved the location, very close to Sky city saw the New Years fire works from our room which was on the 13th floor. Working distance to all major shopping areas and restaurants. Staff were friendly. I did have to remind the reception staff about the milk not being left in the room a few times. Our room was on the 13th floor facing the Sky city.

Room Tip: Room number 1316
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

It’s great being able to enjoy the fireworks from the comfort of your room instead of in the crowds on the street, I am so pleased you were able to experience this with us. I hope your next visit with us is not too far away as we would love to welcome you back again very soon.