Rydges Auckland
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
Heritage Auckland(Auckland Central)
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Pool
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
  • Fitness centre
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Room Service
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
2,370 results
All reviewssky towergreat locationchocolate fountainvalet parkingqueen streetnew zealandfree wifibuffet breakfastcentral locationharbour bridgenice roomhotel restaurantmini barinner citycomfortable staylate checkcomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This property was a wonderful sight for sore eyes and aching bodies who'd been traveling for 31 hours! The room was outstanding, very spacious and equipped with everything we needed The bed was so comfortable! The bathroom was quite large, with 2 sinks and 2 shower heads in the shower. The living area was great and equipped with a tv, desk and wet bar area.
The only complaints we had were: we had to pay $34 for parking per day :-/
Also, we asked the front desk person if the bathroom was in fact equipped with 110 volt outlets,
as the info in the book in the room stated. He was unsure. The bathroom didn't have signage
Nor did it have converters, so were afraid to use it.
The property location was absolutely perfect!! We walked to the Sky Tower and to shopping
on Queen Street.
Will definitely stay tree again!

Room Tip: The views aren't outstanding, so don't expect that. I think all rooms are about the same as far as furnishings
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

I can only imagine the feeling of relief you must have felt to finally check-in to your hotel room after 31 hours of travelling! The bed and shower must have been extremely inviting after so long.
I am so pleased you found the bed so comfortable; we do get rave reviews about our Dream Beds so I am glad you loved them too. I hope you were able to get out and about around Auckland after catching up on some well deserved rest and see and do as much as possible while in town.
I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Rydges Auckland very soon, hopefully without the day and a half of travelling first!
Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Went to eat at the restaurant and after 15 min we still weren't offered any drinks. Waitress did not come by at all and what made it worse was that we were the only ones in the restaurant! We walked out! Also concierge gave us wrong information on which side of street to wait for the bus. We waited 1.5 hours on the wrong side! I went to another hotel to ask and they gave me the correct information. Not very happy being this was the first time ever to NZ.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, your comments are extremely disappointing to read and I am very sorry you had this experience with us. I can assure you our stk Lounge Bar and Restaurant food and service is usually extremely amazing and our concierge service is constantly raved about, but obviously we have slipped up on this occasion and for this I apologise.
I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Rydges Auckland very soon as we would love the chance to be able to change your initial opinion of us and give you the experience we are well known for.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Arrived at 7:45 am long before check in. Confirmed reservation and informed room could be available much earlier than the 3 PM check in time. Went on a city tour came back early afternoon and informed luggage in room . Concierge and front desk staff extremely pleasant, informative and helpful.
Room requested was an upgraded room and view of Auckland from room superb.
Location of hotel easy walking distance to everything .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank michael5952

It’s great being able to leave your luggage and head out exploring as soon as you reach the hotel early in the morning knowing that when you return you can put your feet up and relax. I am glad you were able to experience this on your recent stay with us at Rydges Auckland. We will always endeavour to accommodate our guests as soon as possible upon their arrival as we are all fully aware how tiring travelling can be.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We chose to stay our last night in NZ at the Rydges for a family treat, after staying with friends & family for 3 weeks. We went back to the room in the evening after a city day, to a warm room and put the air conditioning on. After 2.5 hours it was still 24.5 degrees in the room, abs uncomfortable for a family of four (our boys are 4 & 1). We called reception and after trying to fix in unsuccessfully, we were moved to a nearby room at around 8:30pm after our 1 year old had fallen asleep. This room took all night to drop down to 22 degrees, still too warm in a hotel room. Then to top it off, we received a wake up call at 6:25 that had not been cancelled from a previous guests stay and were denied a sleep in we were all looking forward to. Despite relating this all to the front desk at check out, there was no gesture to appease our displeasure.

• Stayed: January 2014

I am so sorry to read you had a disappointing stay with us during your recent visit to Rydges Auckland. I can fully understand your frustration at not having your room air-conditioning work during the night, especially with very young children and in Summer time. I too have a one year old (who doesn’t sleep through the night yet) so an early wake up call when a sleep in is so desperately wanted would be more than annoying and I am so sorry for this intrusion into your stay.
I hope you can accept my sincere apologies for your experience, I know promises of fixed air conditioners are of no help to you now but I hope your next stay with us will be a much cooler and comfortable experience.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We, my wife and I had two spells at the Rydges whilst travelling North and South of NZ , and 2B honest nothing was too much trouble from any of the the staff and especially a big mention for Dana Brophy on the front desk , who to be honest was brilliant and really made us feel at home ....
Rooms could do with a little bit more cleaning around sink plugs and taps , but if you can get a room with a view of the marina its a thumbs up.
We did eat in the restaurant on one night and the food was very good , however , the bar staff need to get there act together regards the first drinks. Its nice to have a drink whilst selecting your food and not have it turn up half way through your first course........
Location is very good with only a 5 min walk for ferries, 8 minutes for railways and a stones throw for the Sky tower...........

Room Tip: A room with a view, the hotel is surround by concrete
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

I will most certainly pass on your very lovely comments to Dana and the staff and I will also discuss your concerns with the relevant departments of the hotel as well. I am so pleased you had such a lovely stay with us, I hope your next will be perfect after your comments have been addressed fully.
Thank you for your review, it is very much appreciated.