“It's the little things that matter”
Review of Rydges Auckland

Rydges Auckland
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I'm a regular guest at this hotel and while I appreciate the location, standard of hotel and food options, on the last two stays I have had what can be minor issues but leave you feeling a bit annoyed. This stay (last week) I called down to reception as there was no bath plug in the room. I waited 40 minutes for one to arrive and at 10.40PM I gave up and rang down to say don't bother. The stay prior to this the bathroom had absolutely no toiletries in the room and the fridge was off. On both occasions I have rang the reception to provide feedback. No response received after this. Really do recommend you take the feedback and use it when it's received rather than waiting till I get a survey link to tell you my thoughts again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lizalou1971
There are newer reviews for Rydges Auckland

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here with my husband who was attending a conference. Great location, walking distance to most places. Rooms are well appointed, spacious and very comfortable beds. Breakfast and dinner were great. I am also a RPG member so the 50% off food and beverage (not breakfast) was a great bonus. Highly recommended and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Yonnamalone
Reviewed 9 March 2014

just beside auckland sky tower, very convenient location for whom wish to stay in the central of city! the room i stay have a great view!!!you can see the whole sky tower from the room! the room is very clean, staffs are nice !

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Had a meeting in Auckland so I had Rydges booked and confirmed to stay the night.
When I went to check in, the duty manager supposedly was unable to find my booking even though Rydes reservations had booked and confirmed accommodation for myself and fellow work colleges.
Despite the fact that my other work colleges had checked in......my booking had disappeared!
The duty manger then went to say that we are overbooked and there are no rooms available.

It's 5pm and I'm in the middle of Auckland without accommodation!!
The duty manager made no effort to offer any alternative solutions or organise a room with another hotel.
Shame on you Rydges!!
This is not the first time you have lost my booking......

Room Tip: I would suggest ringing this hotel a day ahead to make sure they haven't lost your booking or me...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank cyberia_302
Reviewed 5 March 2014

the guy arrived to do our housekeeping about 9am - a time i felt was very early for a saturday morning, when we're away for a weekend, it's a chance to sleep in etc. My partner was still in the shower, so I asked him to come back later. He never came back.

We were in and out again about 2pm, room still not done - so were going to ask at the desk, but there was a queue and we had to leave so didn't get the chance.

We got back about 12.30 am to find the room exactly as we'd left it. So we had to ring down and get someone to bring us fresh towels and clean cups so we could make a cuppa in the morning - luckily we still had milk left. We made the bed ourselves.

I don't have a problem with paying for parking, but it would have been nice to have been advised of the cost up front.

The jug is awkward to fill up from the bathroom sink - the jug is too big and the tap / basin too shallow

2  Thank Karyn M
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Rydges is in the perfect central location - 5 - 10 minutes walk to Viaduct Harbour, Harbour Ferries, Britomart Central. 3 minutes to Sky Tower and Federal Street restaurant/bar scene. The rooms are well appointed - iPod / iPad docking, Comfortable beds, Couch, TV, mini-bar, tea/coffee, Free Wi-Fi. Breakfast buffet is great, and bar and bar snack menus really good. A nice selection of food, wines, beers and spirits.
The staff are extremely helpful and very courteous.

Room Tip: I have stayed here several times and all rooms have been good.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great service and stay. Restaurant was great, friendly staff and prompt tasty meals for a good price.
Rooms were clean and tidy tho we did have to wait longer than the 2pm check in. The staff were happy to hold our bags and tried to find us rooms
ASAP. It was a busy weekend as we were there for Bruce Springsteen concert. However that wd be my only fault is that rooms not ready.

• Stayed: March 2014