“Central place to stay in Auckland” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rydges

Rydges
Ranked #15 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Central place to stay in Auckland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was our first family trip to Auckland and we were very pleased with its location and service. We had a great view and the staff were exceptionally friendly. The website also gave perfect directions on how to drive from the airport to the hotel. Concierge Terrance was very helpful and made us feel like part of his ohana (family). The hotel is centrally located and we were able to walk to all our planned activities and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

To be clear...... I didn't stay at the Rydges......my wife did but I have a big thank you to make.

My wife was away for the weekend with a friend. I took the chance to ring Rydges to see if I could arrange some chocolates and a note to be waiting in their room upon arrival. Perry was very obliging and put things into place for me. I just had to sign a form and send it over. James also emailed me to confirm all was taken care of.

It was great being able to arrange a sneaky surprise and I just want to say thanks!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nathaen M
Greater Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

When I entered my room I found it had not yet been serviced so I had to go back to reception for a new room. Although 'upgraded' to a higher floor this room had a view of an office block, and noise from an events room that was also on that floor.
Some if the pillows looked like they had makeup on them?!
My breakfast arrived late and then the drink was spilt so the lady had to go and get another.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank 007sara
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We return to Rydges Auckland anytime we are in Auckland for a visit - Rydges is based in a fabulous location - central city surrounded by great bars & restaurants. The rooms are perfect for our stay with good service and comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are fresh and comfortable
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarnia, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Central to sky tower and only couple blocks from harbour restaurants. Great breakfast buffet. Join priority rewards program before you go and they give you late checkout and free drink in lobby. Can see harbour from 11th floor. Modern rooms and bathroom. Would recommend.

• Stayed March 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last week. The room and location were great...however...when our room was "serviced" they just hung our towels up on shower door - we had not said to Eco leave them as we wanted clean towels - when we got back everything was left as is meaning shower gel not topped up hand towel which was used and needed replacing just flung on shelf, no replacement of bath mat and things haphazard... and my kindle was gone. We've stayed at loads of hotels all over nz and the world and this has never happened. I left my kindle in room so that I didn't have to worry about it in handbag, but now I wish I'd taken it. Left details with reception but heard nothing back... there's no reason for me to write this unless I felt strongly about it, unfortunately it's not worth claiming on insurance due to excess. I realise it's not hotels fault exactly but think there should be a bit more concern at this.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nz_travellerz
Northiam, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights to recover from the flight from London before picking up a Motorhome for a tour of North Island. What an excellent choice. The hotel was bright and clean, the staff friendly and best of all the location was perfect for wandering around Auckland and to the waterfront. For the first night we decided to eat-in. The restaurant service and food was excellent, as were the breakfasts in the morning. The restaurant staff were particularly helpful dealing with my wife's gluten free requirements. The following night we decided to dine out and a word with the helpful concierge we were directed to the nearby Wynyard Quarter within easy walking distance.
In summary, location,location, location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple