“Auckland for a night”
Review of Rydges Auckland

Rydges Auckland
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the Rydges Auckland hotel for a night, and it was fairly well located--just a quick walk to the harbor & a quick walk to the art museum, and though I didn't visit the skytower, it's very close! I was allowed to check in early, but my first room had an awkward basement-type window. The staff politely and quickly accommodated with another room. They also allowed me to check out extra early the following morning to catch a flight, but allowed for my guest to remain in the room until a late check out time.
Simple, clean, accommodating, and fairly affordable. I'd stay here again, and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,275)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at the Rydges many times now as I find the beds so comfortable and the staff very friendly. I enjoy the peace of the hotel and the lovely bar and restaurant without loud music and people rushing around. excellent value

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lorrainechris43
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Great city location. The beds and pillows were super comfortable! Great coffee & good selection for breakfast. Staff were very friendly. Aircon worked well, great hotel for business or pleasure. Would happily recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We celebrated our 20th wedding Anniversary at Rydges Auckland and had a 3 course dinner and dance at the roof top terrace and we weren't disappointed. The staff were happy to help us in anyway they could and all our guests stayed the night and loved the rooms. Would definately recommend a function here it was unforgettable. Thanks all involved.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jody E
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We spent two nights a the Rydges Auckland before we went on our cruise to Australia. The location was excellent and we were easily able to walk to the ship from the motel. The check in was simple and easy, and staff very friendly. The room was very spacious and the bed and amenities excellent.
The room cleaning was done unobtrusively and was very well done. Check out was simple and they happily stored our bags until we left. The only issue that I had was the view, there was not any. I think the motel was built first, then it was surround by apartment blocks that are actually taller than the motel. the view from our room was a lot of student accommodation with there laundry hanging out, the view appeared to be the same from other windows I looked out.

Room Tip: Apparently rooms on the top floor have a view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel location is perfect for exploring the inner city. Close to wharf. Skytower half a block.
The hotel is very nice with restaurant. Staff was really good, We had a rouge fire alarm in room and management moved us to a upgraded room--thought that was going above and beyond service--all in all, a very nice place

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a great view of harbour
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Room was stunning. Epic view of the harbour bridge and the TV that welcomes me by name after I opened the door. Nice bathroom and spacious shower. Very comfy bed and be extra blankies to keep me warm as I had underestimated the weather for my visit. Staff who asked me how my stay was as I travelled down in the lift with them and told me that if I needed anything to just ask. They'll "look after me during me stay". Random bumps in the night (water system I think). Super satisfying garlic bread at 1am! Finally a minibar with stuff that was actually useful (including milk for my cereal!)! I particularly like the pick up sticks! To add to a great stay, a bar with a good range of New Zealand wines and lovely, chatty staff who kept me company while I sat at the bar by myself (lonely traveller's life!). Trust their judgement and ask for a green lagoon cocktail with soda water (fire is involved!!), worth it!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business