My husband and i stayed at the Rydges Aukland for one night on our way to Rotorua.
The hotel is centrally located just a couple of minutes from the Sky Tower so in a good location if your in Aukland to see the city.
We arrived in the evening and really just wanted some food and a bed for the night. Our room was clean and had everything you needed plus a comfy bed which was good - but it was freezing! The aircon read 17degrees. I called reception to find out how to change this and they said it would take about 15 minutes to heat up once I re-set it. We re set it and then went to the restaurant for dinner.
The resaurant was a bit soul-less and only really serves stake which isn't great if you don't eat meat. My husband's dinner turn up cold so we had to send it back and ask them to put it in the microwave.
After dinner we went back to our room which was still freezing. In the morning the aircon said 18 degrees so we never did manage to get it warm.
Overall I would say this hotel is OK. If you just want a clean, centrally located place to sleep then it's fine. The staff are helpfull enough. I woudln't recomend it for a long stay though, or if you're looking for something with a touch of luxury about it,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation and Breakfast packages available; Long stay Accommodation prices available; Modern furnishings and fittings; Complimentary Newspapers;100% Non smoking; For genuine caring hospitality and service please contact Rydges Auckland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Rydges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Rydges Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Rydges Hotel
- Rydges Auckland, New Zealand