Rydges Auckland
Parnell Pines Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$70
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$230
US$170
  • Pool
VR Auckland City(Auckland Central)
US$100
US$84
  • Breakfast included
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$170
US$146
  • Restaurant
Tudor Court Motor Lodge(Auckland Central)
US$92
US$83
US$115
US$108
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$190
US$161
  • Restaurant
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$90
US$77
US$172
US$140
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$54
US$52
2,377 results
All reviewssky towergreat locationchocolate fountainvalet parkingqueen streetnew zealandfree wifibuffet breakfastcentral locationharbour bridgenice roomhotel restaurantmini barinner citycomfortable staylate checkcomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 November 2010

A nice place to stay. Good location and a sea/mountain view. Wouldn't say that the service was out of the world but atleast they were out of my way. The restaurant attached with the hotel excellent food. But you should be prepared to wait for an hour before it is served to you. Internet was very slow. A very well organised business suite. A very good selection of breakfast but would've preffered it be complimentary. bottom line for the price its not worth it, a bit cheaper then wouldnt mind staying there again.

RydgesAKL, Executive Assistant Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2010

HI Max from London,

Thank you for your comments, the free wireless internet is on a slower network, if your after speed then I would recommend the wireless or broadband options.

Thank you for your feedback on the restaurant and breakfast, both comments we will consider and look into on how we can meet our guests expectations more in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2010

Very disappointed with the location of this hotel. Well, yes I guess that from our 7th floor "Harbour View" room for which we obviously paid a premium you could see the harbour a quarter of a mile away through the tower blocks in between. The room though was wonderful and the bed the best we have experienced in a hotel That didn't though make up for what is poor management and staff training. All the Guest elevators are used by the staff to carry out their work which means you find yourself sharing them with plastic sacks of rubbish or being held up by staff carrying various stuff or, on occassions holding the doors whilst they shout to colleagues. Consequently the elevator carpets are filthy and one of them has two doors which invariably opens on to the service area with all the filthy equipment rather than the foyer. Why doesn't the management just dedicate that one as a service elevator and be done with it! We wanted a drink at 1.30pm and there was no staff about, neither behind the bar or the coffee counter, sorrt the "Barista on the corner hen we eventually tracked a staff member down by going to the kitchen door my wife was served her hot chocolate in a paper cup because the staff member was "on her own and hadn't had chance to wash the glasses"! If you want a good room in downtown Auckland then they have them, if you want that view with decent service and a good atmosphere then look elswhere....and it ain't cheap!

Dear Rustyplough,

I have to agree when I read your review the need to "mmmmmmmmmmm".

I am dissapointed that the service standard you experienced in trying to obtain a afternoon drink in our lobby area was not acceptable. I can assure you this is not our normal service standards. I would be interested to know the dates of your stay so I can review the rosters to ensure this does not happen in the future. I have also addressed this with the team to re train and explain service standards and the customer impact.

Thank you again for your comments to address.

Reviewed 7 November 2010

Cheaper than staying at SkyCity but only a few moments walk away - close to Queen St & the waterfront, and had everything you needed. Rooms a little older than most of the other amenities, the bathroom especially was a bit crap, but on the whole a great option as we got a cheap price.

1  Thank TheWilsons08

I am glad you found value for money in selecting accommodation at Rydges Harbourview Auckland. The location is great and is the closest hotel to the attractions at Skycity complex. We do hope to invest in the bathrooms in the near future, thank you for your feedback on the quality of this facility. We hope you enjoyed the hotel facilities and that you would select the hotel in the future for the location and cleanliness which you have rated highly.

Reviewed 7 November 2010

We stayed three nights at Rydges after the long flight from Canada. Well located in downtown, just blocks from the waterfront, Queen Street shops, and great restaurants. Hotel staff was efficient and friendly, and our deluxe harbourfront room was newly renovated and spotless. Very hard to find fault with this accommodation--very good quality, and you can often negotiate a good price during off season!

1  Thank Ron N

Dear Gadman, Thank you for choosing to stay at Rydges Harbourview Auckland in one of our new Harbourview King Rooms - the views are great and as you have commented the overall standard of these rooms are hard to fault. I am thrilled you had a comfortable stay with us and your needs and expectations were met.

Regards

Reviewed 3 November 2010

I recently returned from a business trip that took me through Australia and New Zealand. I stayed at several Rydges properties and was not disappointed at any of them. However, upon arrival to my room, after about 30 minutes maintenance called to tell me they needed to fix the shower handle. Sure enough, it came off in my hand! Also the view out my window was of a giant apartment complex - so if you want a room with a view - please ask in advance.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for selecting a number of Rydges properties on your recent business trip to Australia and New Zealand. I am glad we offered consistency in our product and services to you. Please accept my apologies for the error in the maintenance issue not being resolved prior to your check in, I am glad the maintenance team spoke with you to rectify this.

Our Harbourview rooms are great if you are looking for more of a view, these can be selected on our website.