Stayed for 2 nights. Front staff were poor with a 'how can I end this conversation and get away with doing as little as possible' attitude. I had a gin and tonic at the bar and queried why the barman threw the first one away. He laughed saying it had protein in it, meaning it had an insect in the glass. Ummmm, funny. Room was small (Harbour View King) and not well equipped. Fridge was dusty and didn't work, only one glass was supplied (for a 2 adult booking) the windows didn't open, the shower room (no bath) was a joke (a corridor shaped space carved out of the bedroom with an ill fitting sliding door to access) and there were hairs stuck on the tiles of the shower room on arrival which were still there when we left. The location suggests it is by the harbour but it isn't. It's in a rather seedy part of town near the Sky Tower / casino with fast food joints all around. The harbour is a 10-15 minute walk down a hill and therefore up again to get back. I should have taken more heed of the negative reviews and switched the booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation and Breakfast packages available; Long stay Accommodation prices available; Modern furnishings and fittings; Complimentary Newspapers;100% Non smoking; For genuine caring hospitality and service please contact Rydges Auckland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, LateRooms, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Rydges Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Rydges Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Rydges Hotel
- Rydges Auckland New Zealand