Stayed for 2 nights in June 2010. According to TA this was the best and we were very pleased with choice. Had booked 6 months previously and got good price of NZ$160 per night (taxes included).
Wonderful large reception area with people having afternoon tea! Check-in staff very pleasant. Room was on the business floor. Ticked all the boxes even though we get annoyed with decorative cushions and throws on beds it was very comfortable and bathroom had a bath.
Lovely spa facilities. Their pool, even though outdoors, is heated. Yes it did rain but that only added to the fun and a dip in the pool and spa was lovely after longhaul flight.
Location was great as there is a stop on the Airport Express bus route and it was a 20 minute walk straight down Queen Street into town/harbour. Yes, there was a shuttle but we never used it.
Didn’t have food at the hotel but had breakfast just around the corner, at St Kevin’s Arcade. Highly recommended! Just a short walk down Queen Street there was a gem of a French bistro called, Le Grand Mange (I think) and they did a special 3 course for NZ$29. Also along Queen Street you had loads of Asian eateries to choose from. Tanuki’s Cave (Japanese bar) was a find!
Would I stay again at the Langham – yes, definitely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5-star luxury Auckland hotel in Auckland's CBD offers: 409 rooms and suites* Dining at Eight restaurant and Palm Court* 24hr business centre* Free Wifi* Spacious meeting & banqueting facilities* Central CBD location* Luxury sedans available for airport transfers & sightseeing* Complimentary inner city shuttle service to waterfront* 24hr room service* Chuan Spa luxury Day Spa* 24hr fitness centre* Heated outdoor pool plus sauna and Jacuzzi* Walking to distance to Auckland city attractions including museum, art gallery, shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Langham, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham, Auckland New Zealand