“Location and Charm”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hillsborough, New Jersey
“Location and Charm”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This lovely hotel is steeped with old-world British charm. Very grand entrance to hotel with big, beautiful chandeliers, wooden paneled lounge in back. Large bedroom, nice bath, working desk. It served my purpose for both business and personal vacation time away. I give five stars to the hotel's restaurant. Kudos to you!! In all of my global travels, I have yet to come across a buffet with such a diverse selection of seafood, meats, fresh vegetables, french desserts -- you gotta try the crepes -- that is specially prepared for you on the spot! You can't get a much better location than New Zealand. Hotel is conveniently located in downtown Auckland within walking distance of waterfront and shopping/restaurants. I could conveniently travel to my business commitments during the day and on the weekend it served as a great location from which to start touring the local hot spots. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Papamoa, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We travel frequently and have stayed in many 5 Star Hotels though out the World. Yet we have been very impressed with the Langham !! Little did we know that such a top notch hotel was on our back door step ! We know longer need to go to Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur to enjoy top notch hotels :) The service from every single staff member is nothing short of outstanding !! As far as we are concerned they are right up there with the very best are a credit to the Management.
We are staying in a Park Suite which is just lovely. The bathroom amenities are very generous, the bed very comfy and its great to have free high speed wifi !
The club lounge is also very nice.
We will be back !!

California
Reviewed 12 August 2011

5 star hotel. Very nice. I always love adding at least one hotel to my itinerary on international trips to splurge and just lie in the lap of luxury. This is that hotel.

We had a major mix-up with the car rental facility at the Auckland airport and were given a clunker of a vehicle to drive around Auckland (no fault of the Langham of course). I was pretty embarrassed to drive up wearing sweats and sunglasses at night to this nice of a facility. I've stayed at my fair share of 5 stars, and I've usually noticed that they can judge a book by its cover-this was not the case here.

Staff members were nothing but accommodating and courteous, despite our rugged appearances. Excellent service all the way. I think I made the bell boy pull a double take at my transformation when I walked through the lobby wearing stilettos and a cocktail dress the next day--haha. Very plush, sexy hotel. Definitely will win a repeat stay next time I travel to Auckland.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2011

From the moment that we walked into the foyer of the Langham Auckland we felt almost Presidential. We stayed here on the last 2 nights of our holiday and exceeded our expectation. The rooms are very well appointed with a huge comfortable bed, two large armchairs and plenty of reading material to arm us with what to do in Auckland. Unfortunately the bathroom felt dated and wasn't to the same standard as the rest of the room. The Langham is located quite a distance from the water (in comparison to other tourist hotels) but they do offer a Shuttle Bus to take you down to the harbour. When venturing out at night we opted for a taxi, mainly due to the weather and the distance from where we wanted to go. Our floor had a few computers near the lifts that offered free access to the internet. Apart from it's location we found the hotel to be fantastic and would recommend it to anyone needing an escape in or to Auckland.

Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed at the Langham at the beginning and at the end of our three weeks tour through NZ and had a very pleasant time there. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We dined twice in the restaurant 'Eight' where we did the 'Interactive kitchen". It is just amazing!!!!! Delicious food all cooked individually for you. We also enjoyed the pool area and the Spa where I had two wonderful massages. The hotel also runs a very useful shuttle service to the town centre. We would certainly go back to the Langham!!!

Room Tip: The beds are big enough for a child to sleep with you in the bed if you don't want to pay extra.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 10 August 2011

The Langham is an old school luxury hotel and I'm sure such a place appeals to all sorts of people. I'm evidently not one of those people.

On the plus side, the hotel is undeniably attractive, and our room was quite pleasant, with a very comfortable bed, nice linens, and a small but attractive bathroom. On the minus side, I think my objections can be summarized as a general antipathy to the sort of nickel-and-diming that seems to be institutionalized in this sort of a place. In a place that charges what this one does for a room, other than the admittedly comfortable bed which comes at no additional charge, everything else, from a hamburger to internet service to a ride back to the airport, is stupidly overpriced.

I know I have a bad attitude about this kind of place, and seriously, if you enjoy traditional luxury hotels, you'll probably like The Langham. But I'll look for less pretentious lodging.

3 Thank sundogg99
Dunedin
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Wife and I splashed out one night and paid for a 'club' room - wow - would do it again and again if we could.
The room cost us $300 a night - but man it was worth it - there is an exclusive club lobby where there are amazing refreshments (all you can eat gourmet ice-cream!!) and coffee available throughout the day.
Also included in the price is drinks and canapes - which were amazing and then breakfast was also included (freshly made waffles and omelets in a buffet-style restaurant!) - the only bad part of our stay - was that we booked a meal at the French Cafe (one of the top restaurants in Auckland) and had to leave the hotel to go - next time its room service!!
Would highly recommend to anyone!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple