“Luxurious”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Alexandra
“Luxurious”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Our second stay here and was just as good as the first time. Beds are so comfy with a topper pad made of goose down, didn't want to get out of bed.

Room Tip: I am sure all rooms are the same..
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We only managed to stay in The Langham for 1 night only, booked under Booking.com with very great savings (compared to the published room rate) . However, we had great experience with their hospitality from the bell boy to the front desk staff. Spacious room, super clean with comfy bed n pillow..great location in the heart of Auckland CBD.

• Stayed May 2012
Waimea, Hawaii
Reviewed 19 May 2012

My stay was for only one night before flying out of Auckland airport, but the comfortable and all-accommodating service of the Langham's staff was extremely impressive, as was the breakfast buffet included with my room charge.

As an example of service, just before check-out and my flight, I went downstairs to grab a quick meal, at which time I remembered it was Mother's Day weekend, subsequently the popular Langham restaurant was packed with families. When I mentioned to the staff that I had only a short amount of time before I had to leave for my international flight, they rushed an order through the kitchen for me -- without my so much as asking. Really great.

Being a rare genuine celiac, I very much appreciated the all gluten free items on the breakfast buffet... never have I seen a gluten free station before at a breakfast bar. Awesome.

The gym was nicely outfitted (including kettlebells, which I missed from home and hadn't seen for weeks on my trip), which is an important hotel feature for many of us on the go for long stretches of time. My hotel room would not be described as lavish, but was very comfortable.

My only disappointment was that I could not have stayed longer to enjoy the service and facilities. Thanks again, I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Gold Coast Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

Great customer service and great buffet brekky but put your walking shoes on its a bit far from town.

• Stayed May 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I enjoyed everything about my stay, until it came to the valet parking. The staff actually gave my rental car to another guest, and l had to get to my business appointments in a cab while they tried to get it back. The car was quickly recovered, however they then parked it in a busy shopping centre carpark for me to pick up as I was in a meeting, didn't tell me exactly where it was and I had to get a staffmember to drive me around in the rain and dark trying to find it. They still charged me for the valet parking!
This same thing happened to another person at my company, so I'm sure its not an isolated incident. Its a real shame as I loved everything else about my stay, the the club rooms are very lush and cosy.

Room Tip: Club room was worthwhile
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

I had an executive room. Great bed, reasonable amount of room. In my opinion best service in Auckland. Would rate 5 stars except hopeless shower over bath. Excellent bar.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Kerikeri, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We booked on line through the hotels web site 2 months in advance for a celebration. We had booked the Park suite at approx NZD440 for a 1 night stay on a Saturday.

We tried to make a reservation at their fine dining restaurant also 2 months in advance but were advised it was full due to a party booking. It was Mothers Day weekend and we feel that private parties should have a separate room and that hotel guests should have priority for the restaurant.

We arrived at 2.30 pm ( check in is a late 3pm!) to be advised that our room was not ready which was no problem as check in was 3pm.

We were taken to the 10th floor to the Langham Club lounge which was lovely and very tastefully furnished. we enjoyed a very nice afternoon tea of very good quality and plenty of it free to Club guests.

Just after 3 pm we were shown to a room (not a suite) on the 9th floor which had someone elses suitcases in it. We advised that they were not our cases and the staff member then asked our name. There had been some confusion as we were not the people he thought we were. We were taken back to the club lounge and he said he would find out what was going on, that was the last we saw of him!

Half an hour later we returned to check in to be advised our room was still not ready and it would be about another 15 minutes we advised that this wasn't really acceptable as check in was at 3pm. No apology was forthcoming.

We returned to the club lounge and, as nobody came to take us to our suite we went back down to check in at 4.15pm. We were again advised that our room was not ready. At this point we asked to speak to the duty manager. We advised that still not being able to get into our room after1 hour and quarter hours after check in time was not acceptable. We have travelled extensively all over the world and have never experienced this.

She did apologise and said housekeeping had been notified to give our room top priority and offered a complimentary glass of wine. We do not know what housekeeping had been doing for the last 1 1/4 hours.

Finally at 4.30 she came to take us to our room. We were amazed as the suite was not what we had booked but their top Royal suite which was magnificent.

There had obviously been a mix up and our room given to someone else.

There was a total lack of communication and if an error had occurred this should have been explained to us and we would have understood.

Anyway alls well that ends well. We enjoyed our stay very much and the all inclusive Langham club was excellent. Canapes and drinks excellent quality, as was the breakfast.

We would return to the Langham Club.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple