Stayed at the Langham for two nights and tried both the Barolo and Eight dining packages whilst staying in an executive room.
Although I would rate both restaurants very highly, these are my main gripes.
The room. was very comfortable, clean and well equipped although the bath is too short and shallow to have a good soak which is very disappointing for someone who loves her baths!
As we were in an executive room we did have Internet access through the business centre but really feel that if Mc Donalds can offer free wi-fi to all customers to use their own devices then surely the Langham should be able o do the same especially considering the price of even a basic room.
Anyway, back to the positives!
Barolo was amazing. The Selezione Menu for Two was fantastic and the chef was more than happy to cater the menu to one vegetarian and one meat eater with no hassle and with great results. Just make sure you give yourselves plenty of time to enjoy the wonderful flavors and fantastic wines!!
Eight was also a great dining experience with plenty of options for both vegetarian and meat eating diners. The chocolate fountain was yummy with plenty of choices of both healthy and not so healthy dipping options!
We have already booked our next meal at Barolo in July and am excited just thinking about it!
Have filled in comment cards re my gripes with bath and internet so fingers crossed these will be looked at and addressed at some point.
The Langham is still my first choice of hotels to stay whilst in Auckland as although a little distance from the waterfront there is a great shuttle service to and from the hotel and waterfront and the staff are always welcoming and efficient. I also love the comfort and ambience in the bar area in the lobby, a great place to relax and enjoy a refreshment or two after a hard days shopping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5-star luxury Auckland hotel in Auckland's CBD offers: 409 rooms and suites* Dining at Eight restaurant and Palm Court* 24hr business centre* Free Wifi* Spacious meeting & banqueting facilities* Central CBD location* Luxury sedans available for airport transfers & sightseeing* Complimentary inner city shuttle service to waterfront* 24hr room service* Chuan Spa luxury Day Spa* 24hr fitness centre* Heated outdoor pool plus sauna and Jacuzzi* Walking to distance to Auckland city attractions including museum, art gallery, shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Langham, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham, Auckland New Zealand