“Amazing, just like the photos”

The Langham, Auckland
Ranked #5 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Napier
“Amazing, just like the photos”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I was utterly blown away by the Langham, from the moment I approached the door lugging a heavy bag and the porter rushed over to help me, to the second I opened my bedroom door to be greeted by the site of one of the most beautiful bedrooms I've seen. It's not often a hotel looks exactly like the professional photos but this one does, it is stunning. Far from being a nondescript boring hotel, the Langham's rooms are beautiful, almost antique looking but really comfortable. The bed has 10 pillows! The TV is huge. Alice in Wonderland is in the bedside table. And the bathroom.... oh don't get me started on the bathroom. I love free toiletries and the Langham has the best I've ever seen, including: body loofah, nail care, shaving kit, talcum powder, comb, sewing kit, dental kit, cotton tips and pads, sanitary bag, haircap and hair tie, and Chuan Spa products including shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bath salts, body scrub, body lotion and mud soap. The hotel breakfast buffet was also wonderful - it even features chocolate fondue and ice cream!!!! The free shuttle bus downtown is really handy and the driver has a great sense of humour. The pool looked beautiful too though it was too cold for me to use it. Rooms have great soundproofing. The only negative thing I can say about the room is that the compedium said there was a Sky guide in the drawer and I spent ages looking for it, only to find out afterwards they no longer stock them. The only negative about the hotel generally is that it's not as pushchair or wheelchair friendly as I hoped - the location is quite steep for pushing anything on wheels and the bar in the foyer and the restaurant where you have breakfast both have stairs which make them inaccessible. I had to leave my 4 month baby on her own while I got food and this freaked me out a bit. I stayed in another so called 5 star hotel later in the week (the Pullman) and it isn't a quarter as good as the Langham. I really recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Julie S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Syracuse, Italy
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I recently stayed 8 days at the Langham Auckland on business. The attendant staff were excllent at assisting my business requirements, especially Sara Eatwell who undertook to organise my business function in the Boardroom on one of those days.That day was a long day 0800-1700hrs but Sara made it progress like clockwork, she was fantastic and so were the Boardroom staff. The Langham Level 10 staff were outstanding!!! Owen, Raymundo and Bowman over the 0700 to 2100hrs period when I needed the private meeting area, the Busines Centre constantly and had business guests attend, they enhanced our business day proceedings and made our hard work (almost) enjoyable. I have recommended the Langham to all my bsiness colleagues. I have to travel again later this year on busness and I will stay with the Langham wherever I can from now on.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night here and everything was perfect! We had a lovely room with bubbly on arrival. Service was great, even though they were busy. And the breakfast buffet was one of the best we have ever had anywhere in the world - with something for everyone, including a chocolate fountain and ice cream for the kids! Only wish we could have stayed longer.....

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Auckland Central, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Being a local girl from Auckland, my best friend and I wanted to do something different to celebrate my birthday with a girls overnight stay in one of our city's top hotels - BEST idea EVER!! Was a fantastic stay and was perfect! Far exceeded our expectations! Was very disappointed to leave come Sunday afternoon and without a doubt I will be going back again for another "stay-cation!" Hotel, service, food, quality was just wonderful - cannot recommend highly enough!
The Langham is definitely the place to stay in the City of Sails!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Right from the valet parking and throughout our time on our "Five star fling", we had exceptional service and care from all the staff.

Thanks again . . . see you next year.

R&J

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We ended up at the Langham thanks to the mystery deal on Wotif.com, and were blown away by the standard of service and the magnificance of the hotel and hotel rooms. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, a real paradise experience.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed in a club room at the Langham, Auckland and could not fault the Experience from the room, service, and accommodation. The welcome and comfortable surroundings in The Langham Club on level 10 where we had pre-dinner drinks and canapes(included) and great service with a smile. We ventured to to ground floor for breakfast (brunch) and found the unique set up and buffet area as part of the kitchen a wonderful experience. Service also could not be faulted with pleasant atmosphere. Well done Langham.
It made a great start to an excellent weekend