I was utterly blown away by the Langham, from the moment I approached the door lugging a heavy bag and the porter rushed over to help me, to the second I opened my bedroom door to be greeted by the site of one of the most beautiful bedrooms I've seen. It's not often a hotel looks exactly like the professional photos but this one does, it is stunning. Far from being a nondescript boring hotel, the Langham's rooms are beautiful, almost antique looking but really comfortable. The bed has 10 pillows! The TV is huge. Alice in Wonderland is in the bedside table. And the bathroom.... oh don't get me started on the bathroom. I love free toiletries and the Langham has the best I've ever seen, including: body loofah, nail care, shaving kit, talcum powder, comb, sewing kit, dental kit, cotton tips and pads, sanitary bag, haircap and hair tie, and Chuan Spa products including shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bath salts, body scrub, body lotion and mud soap. The hotel breakfast buffet was also wonderful - it even features chocolate fondue and ice cream!!!! The free shuttle bus downtown is really handy and the driver has a great sense of humour. The pool looked beautiful too though it was too cold for me to use it. Rooms have great soundproofing. The only negative thing I can say about the room is that the compedium said there was a Sky guide in the drawer and I spent ages looking for it, only to find out afterwards they no longer stock them. The only negative about the hotel generally is that it's not as pushchair or wheelchair friendly as I hoped - the location is quite steep for pushing anything on wheels and the bar in the foyer and the restaurant where you have breakfast both have stairs which make them inaccessible. I had to leave my 4 month baby on her own while I got food and this freaked me out a bit. I stayed in another so called 5 star hotel later in the week (the Pullman) and it isn't a quarter as good as the Langham. I really recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5-star luxury Auckland hotel in Auckland's CBD offers: 409 rooms and suites* Dining at Eight restaurant and Palm Court* 24hr business centre* Free Wifi* Spacious meeting & banqueting facilities* Central CBD location* Luxury sedans available for airport transfers & sightseeing* Complimentary inner city shuttle service to waterfront* 24hr room service* Chuan Spa luxury Day Spa* 24hr fitness centre* Heated outdoor pool plus sauna and Jacuzzi* Walking to distance to Auckland city attractions including museum, art gallery, shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Langham, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham, Auckland New Zealand