“Luxury” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Auckland
“Luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Fantastic hotel, very comfortable room. Great facilities, loved the pool & spa - such a great addition to a great hotel.
Great location, within walking distance to many of Auckland's attractions.
Staff very friendly & helpful. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (614)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

The Langham is a fine hotel in central Auckland, well situated to much of the city while not in its busiest quarters. It is up the hill from the harbor and has a lovely lobby and very nice, spacious and well finished rooms. The only problem with the room was the expensive internet service the hotel service we received was excellent, including a last minute adjustment to our arrival time fine recommendations from the concierge. There is an excellent Italian restaurant in the hotel and the luncheon buffet at the regular hotel restaurant was fabulous, even at the not inexpensive price.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

I got a deal for a night in the city at the Langham, have to say, was a brilliant deal given the quality of the room and the service provided. The room was quiet, the bed fantastically comfortable and the staff were brilliant. Conveniently there is a bus stop right outside the hotel which meant getting into the city. It was a family birthday party in the city and my night at the Langham made me feel like I was the one who got the present.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
North Tamborine, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

I usually stay an another inner city hotel, but the rates offered at the Langham were too good to miss, so I decided to try it, as I like the Langham Melbourne. Whilst not quite in the CBD it is very central with great access to the Motorway and still close to top dining areas. The entrance and lobby are beautifully appointed with a magnificent chandelier over the large, comfortable lounge/wine bar. The rooms are nice, and whilst not particularly modern, are very comfortable. The bathrooms are not large (shower over the bath) but are appointed in marble and well lit.
The wine bar/lounge offers an extensive list of cocktails and wines by the glass and the complimentary 'nibbles' are exceptional. There are two restaurants down stairs, however I only experienced "8" for the smorgasbord breakfast, which was superb. They call this restaurant "8" because there are 8 stations with a variety of different food choices from around the world, cooked freshly. Great idea for a casual dinner in. The seating in this restaurant is also comfortable and extremely pleasant, with large spacious windows.
Whilst this is a comfortable and nice hotel, the stand out experience for me was the incredible service from the staff. Everybody was exceedingly friendly and hospitable and nothing was too much trouble. I was there for a week and by the 2nd day, I was being greeted by name where ever I went. I'd walk into the lounge bar in the evening whilst waiting for friends and the staff would greet me by name and even remember the particular wine I prefer. They would also make my guests very comfortable and their attention to detail is superb. The same thing with the restaurant "8" - greeted every morning by name, and very friendly and chatty - making sure I had a wonderful table for breakfast.
I travelled back again a couple of weeks later and took my husband, and had the same experience. Most impressive and we shall certainly return.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit extra and get a Superior Room. I've also joined their loyalty programme.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Whangarei, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

The overall experience from arrival to departure was most enjoyable and relaxing stay away from home. My fondest memory will be the Cleanliness of the Rooms and the Relaxing Atmosphere of feeling like we were at a Spa Resort on an Island and yet we were in Auckland.

1 Thank Tango04
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Mya husband and I spent a night here beginning of July and we enjoyed ourselves so much we took our three children the following weekend. The accomadation is beautiful, very clean with lovely amenities. The staff at the langham are friendly, professional and couldnt do enough to make us feel welcome. The children loved the pool while i I enjoyed the large hot spa which was lovely on a winters day. My husband and I enjoyed the club lounge when we visted the Langham the first time. Cant wait to go back with or without the children.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are excellent.
1 Thank Rachael Y
Napier
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

I was utterly blown away by the Langham, from the moment I approached the door lugging a heavy bag and the porter rushed over to help me, to the second I opened my bedroom door to be greeted by the site of one of the most beautiful bedrooms I've seen. It's not often a hotel looks exactly like the professional photos but this one does, it is stunning. Far from being a nondescript boring hotel, the Langham's rooms are beautiful, almost antique looking but really comfortable. The bed has 10 pillows! The TV is huge. Alice in Wonderland is in the bedside table. And the bathroom.... oh don't get me started on the bathroom. I love free toiletries and the Langham has the best I've ever seen, including: body loofah, nail care, shaving kit, talcum powder, comb, sewing kit, dental kit, cotton tips and pads, sanitary bag, haircap and hair tie, and Chuan Spa products including shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bath salts, body scrub, body lotion and mud soap. The hotel breakfast buffet was also wonderful - it even features chocolate fondue and ice cream!!!! The free shuttle bus downtown is really handy and the driver has a great sense of humour. The pool looked beautiful too though it was too cold for me to use it. Rooms have great soundproofing. The only negative thing I can say about the room is that the compedium said there was a Sky guide in the drawer and I spent ages looking for it, only to find out afterwards they no longer stock them. The only negative about the hotel generally is that it's not as pushchair or wheelchair friendly as I hoped - the location is quite steep for pushing anything on wheels and the bar in the foyer and the restaurant where you have breakfast both have stairs which make them inaccessible. I had to leave my 4 month baby on her own while I got food and this freaked me out a bit. I stayed in another so called 5 star hotel later in the week (the Pullman) and it isn't a quarter as good as the Langham. I really recommend this place.

• 3 of 5 bubbles