Looking for a nice weekend break in Auckland and chose the Langham again. Selected a package including Club Room, Club access, parking, dinner and breakfast.
Welcome was warm and efficient, clearly the valet parking attendant radioed as we left the car as we were met and the door and welcomed by name, a nice touch, we were guided to the reception area where the receptionist also welcomed us by name and was already printing our our booking details. That's class Langham!
Room was on level 8, very tidy and nicely furnished. The absolute highlight of the room is as expected the bed, although I am sad to say it has ruined all other beds for me!! I have spent time actively looking for a comparative bed so comfortable it is! I went to the trouble the following morning to pull back the sheets to see what sort it is. A Sealy Posturepedic Langham Bed, they have their own model. I will find a comparative model!!
The bathroom was good, only complaint was water pressure not fantastic and no fan/extraction in bathroom. Really need to do something about this to be honest as it is like a sauna by the time you've had a shower! Nice complimentary toiletries and really useful box of essential items like toothbrush, shaving stuff, etc which was useful as I forgot my toothbrush!
Spent the afternoon in the Langham Club lounge, well worth the upgrade to access this. Will definitely do it again. Complimentary tea, expresso coffee, afternoon tea, cold drinks, etc. Really nice.
We returned in the evening to relax, canapes and a complimentary bar available. Very relaxing and enjoyable to sit in the lounge and look over the city enjoying the hospitality. Service staff were very attentive and friendly.
Had dinner at 8, reviewed this separately, it was great!
Went into the city for a walk after dinner and when we got back went back to teh lounge for a coffee and view the city at night.
Had a very enjoyable sleep in that fantastic bed!
Breakfast again in 8, great selection, reviewed separately.
Had a late check out so could relax in the room prior to leaving.
Sad to leave and already planning next visit!
Only other slight issue was this was our second stay and we were not advised on the Club 1865 and actually though membership was automatic, so given we've stayed twice I called to inquire about it only to be told our initial stay doesn't count was it was 9 months ago and they can only go back 6 months which is a shame as we'd be well on our way to the next level of membership!!
I am a huge fan of the Langham and really enjoyed the stay, will choose it again in a heartbeat and also recommend it to everyone I talk to!
Had dinner at 8, was great and have reviewed that separately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed for guests who value heartfelt service and engaging experiences, Cordis Auckland is located in a lively uptown area, within walking distance of the city’s museum, galleries and shops. The 411 modern rooms and suites are meticulously tailored to your way of life. Thoughtful extras and stylish interiors reveal a genuine attention to detail, with the latest in connectivity including complimentary high-speed Internet (15MBps) and a free-to-use smartphone in every room with a built-in city guide. The contemporary Eight restaurant and sophisticated Lobby Lounge offer stylish places to dine and socialise, while peaceful Chuan Spa and a heated roof-top pool create the perfect urban retreat for guests to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Cordis, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- Cordis, Auckland New Zealand