Waited over 2 and a half hours for my room....in the afternoon! Arrived at the hotel at 2pm (normal Standard Check in time for ANY hotel) after an early and exhausting international flight to New Zealand. We were a group of 20 people who were hosting an event at the Langham that evening. So we were VERY eager to refresh in our rooms before our guests started arriving at 4:30pm. On arrival at 2pm we were told our rooms would only be ready at 3pm. Fair enough, we could wait around as all of us working in the 5* Hotel industry and could understand the situation of checking in a group. After 3pm we again enquired about our rooms, and only then were we told the actual reason for our late check in, they had a late check out of a Emirates Flight Crew. So finally the truth was out, this flight crew was obviously MUCH more of importance than our small little group. But still NO excuse that we had to wait until 4:30 pm to Finally check into our rooms. Making us late to our Own function hosted at the Langham.
Flight Crews on average take up 30 rooms... this is a 200 room hotel! HOW they could not manage our group is simply inexcusable for a 5* hotel.
And the worst part?
After finally seeing the hotel manager and explaining the urgency of our situation, he was less than accommodating and simply did not express the empathy a 5* Hotel Manager is supposed to give his guests when they have been waiting over 2 hours for their rooms, AND had paid to host their function at your hotel. There were a Hundred ways of better handling this situation, and the Langham simply did not deliver.
Which is a shame as the rooms are gorgeous - I had the BEST sleep of my entire 2 week trip in this hotel bed. Such a pity the bed was the only best part of the Langham.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed for guests who value heartfelt service and engaging experiences, Cordis Auckland is located in a lively uptown area, within walking distance of the city’s museum, galleries and shops. The 411 modern rooms and suites are meticulously tailored to your way of life. Thoughtful extras and stylish interiors reveal a genuine attention to detail, with the latest in connectivity including complimentary high-speed Internet (15MBps) and a free-to-use smartphone in every room with a built-in city guide. The contemporary Eight restaurant and sophisticated Lobby Lounge offer stylish places to dine and socialise, while peaceful Chuan Spa and a heated roof-top pool create the perfect urban retreat for guests to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Cordis, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- Cordis, Auckland New Zealand