“Excellent staff and service”
Review of Cordis, Auckland

Cordis, Auckland
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I was very pleased with my three nights at the Langham, mainly due to the professionalism and helpfulness of the hotel staff. My "classic" room was spacious and comfortable if a little dark and the bed was pleasingly firm but with a nice feather mattress topper. Bathroom is a little small for a top class hotel. Location of the hotel ensures some exercise if you plan to walk to the main shopping street or Viaduct Harbour due to the topography of the city, although there is a shuttle bus service if that presents a problem.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,560)

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Christmas at the Langham. Fantastically enjoyable experience with Christmas dinner at Eight restaurant.

The service throughout our stay was excellent. Every member of staff were knowledgeable and considerate.

Quality rooms, excellent housekeeping and great facilities.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Nicely renovated older hotel. Convenient to everything. Smiling staff, nice tea / wine lobby area. Good restaurant (especially for breakfast). Heavy Asian guest level, but no screaming children in evidence.

Good place to stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I highly recommend The Langham Hotel in Auckland. With an excellent location and amazing premises (the pool and spa areas are fantastic!); it is one of the best hotels I've been in Auckland, be it for business or vacation. It is clean and noise free, even though the hotel is situated in a very central area. To complete the experience, the buffet breakfast is beautiful with an excellent variety of cold and hot foods.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Wow, we had the best Christmas. It was our first stay at Langhams and the hotel was relaxing and the service was impeccable. The staff were professional and knowledgeable. We stayed in a Park Suite with access to the Langham Club lounge and we thoroughly recommend it, if you have time check out the day spa you won't be disappointed. We will be recommending this hotel to all our friends and business associates.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed in a standard double room and we thought it was lovely. The reception staff were brilliant and we checked in around midday with no problems (unlike other hotels who wont let you check in early even if room is ready!) Room was very comfortable and well appointed. Furnishing may be a bit outdated but we really don't find that to be a problem. Bed was really comfortable and we loved the turndown service with choccies! Hotel provides a free shuttle bus down to the harbour which we found useful on first day. We didn't eat in hotel so cant comment on food. I thought it was actually good value for money and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I have been going to this hotel for about 25 years in the days it was the Sheraton I had my honeymoon at the hotel and when we want to escape to somewhere special this is the place. I decide I was going to spoil my wife, earlier we had made a reservation at Eight restaurant for my wife, son and me to see the new year in. Since my son was going to join us in town I decide to stay in house. The moment I arrived nothing was too much of a problem they offered to park my car and my bags where unload for me taken straight to our room, they even notice my shoes need a good shine and cleaned them for me. Into the reception area we created and I do not know how they did it but they created us my saying good morning Mr and Mrs Barfoote very impressive they knew who we were. Then they blew my mind away we not a rich couple or anything special and without asking and at no extra charge they upgrade us to a suite which gave us access to a special area call the club rooms. The suite was to die for beautifully decorate and the décor was luxurious they even turn our beds down for us with chocolate on the pillows. Our diner reservation was at eight we decide to avail us of the services in the club rooms where they offer their guest pre-dinner drinks and nibbles to contemplative the day and plan for what you are going to do for the night. Again service was excellent where nothing is too much trouble and the nibbles scrummy and lick smacking good. When my son arrived he was escorted and seated at the restaurant and we were advised of is arrival. They say the Eight restaurant is a Culinary Journey they are so right but it also the small things like our waiter Michael cleared our plates immediately kept our glasses of water and wine top up not imposing but ready to help. At midnight they had staff ready to take us to the roof top to see the fireworks at sky city tower. After midnight we retreat to our sanctuary with a bed so soft and supported we had a fantastic night sleep follow my breakfast in bed and a late checkout. And when I called downstairs to let them know I was checking out and by the time I got to the lobby my car was ready for me with the bags in.
Another hotels should follow The Langham example of service

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
tlakl, General Manager at Cordis, Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your warm words - it is always lovely to hear from our regular guests for whom the Langham is a home away from home. Great to know that our staff in Eight looked after you so well, and we will pass on your feedback. New Year’s was indeed a special time at the Hotel and it was our pleasure to escort our guests to the rooftop to see the fireworks (an amazing sight!). We shall look forward to welcoming you again in 2014.
Kind regards