My wife and I based ourselves here for our first ever trip to Auckland - 4 days. We were upgraded to an Executive Room (stay 2 nights and get a free upgrade subject to avail. etc). The stay were extremely helpful and very polite at all times that we met them, but we were disappointed with the room. Although the Executive Room was large the furniture was dark and large particularly the dresser. The room was dark (and it was mid summer!) and when we opened the net curtains we looked onto a huge flat roof of something that could have been a car park. No view whatsoever! If this is the Executive Room I wonder what the other rooms' view are. There were very few drawers for your clothes, what there were had been allocated to room snacks (all part of the mini bar) wine glasses, drinking glasses all set in pre moulded holders in the drawer so you couldn't take them out to use the drawer etc etc). It had obviously been designed without REALLY THINKING what would the GUEST need and like. This is obviously not the fault of the staff, nor the Manger but is that of the owner.
The location, up a hill, is quite some distance from the hub of Auckland i.e. Downtown and the Waterfront where we saw other large hotels such as the Copthorne and Mercure. To be fair they do run a courtesy bus service to Downtown and we used that quite a lot as the area surrounding the Langham does not have a selection of restaurants unless you want take-away or burgers. The University campus is very close. The drivers were very friendly.
This was the culmination of a 6 week trip to OZ and NZ and we had decided to treat ourselves to 5 star for our last stay. We really enjoyed the Motels and other Hotels that we stayed in , and would we come back to the Langham ? No - wrong location (looks ok on a map), but very helpful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5-star luxury Auckland hotel in Auckland's CBD offers: 409 rooms and suites* Dining at Eight restaurant and Palm Court* 24hr business centre* Free Wifi* Spacious meeting & banqueting facilities* Central CBD location* Luxury sedans available for airport transfers & sightseeing* Complimentary inner city shuttle service to waterfront* 24hr room service* Chuan Spa luxury Day Spa* 24hr fitness centre* Heated outdoor pool plus sauna and Jacuzzi* Walking to distance to Auckland city attractions including museum, art gallery, shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Langham, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham, Auckland New Zealand