We booked a room at the Langham in Auckland following a cruise. We did request early check in and as I am a Langham member thought we have a room by lunchtime. Not so.
The girl on reception said there were other passengers also wanting early check in and we could wait in the lobby and she would let us know when the room was ready but no indication of an approximate time.
We did sit in the bar and had coffee and lingered around until around 11.30 when I checked again if the room might be ready. It was not so she said she would ring my mobile when the room was ready. So we left our luggage and caught the hotels free shuttle bus into the city. We walked to the waterfront where the ship was docked, then decided to take the ferry across to Devonport.
It was a short ride and gave lovely views back across the harbour to Auckland. Devonport itself was a quaint little town full of cafes. We had lunch here then caught the 3.30pm ferry back to Auckland and the shuttle back to the hotel. Arriving around 4.30pm we expected our room to be ready which it was (she said it was ready at 1pm) but they never rang us.
Very disappointed with the service at reception. We have stayed at this hotel before 2 or 3 times and even when it was the Sheraton hotel many years ago but find it a nice hotel although quite a long way from downtown (but they do provide a free shuttle bus) The restaurant is pleasant and the lobby bar is a nice place to sit and have morning or afternoon tea or a relaxing drink.
Overall The Auckland Langham doesn't meet the standards of other Langham's we have stayed at with Melbourne being our favourite. Hong Kong and Boston are also better standards than Auckland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5-star luxury Auckland hotel in Auckland's CBD offers: 409 rooms and suites* Dining at Eight restaurant and Palm Court* 24hr business centre* Free Wifi* Spacious meeting & banqueting facilities* Central CBD location* Luxury sedans available for airport transfers & sightseeing* Complimentary inner city shuttle service to waterfront* 24hr room service* Chuan Spa luxury Day Spa* 24hr fitness centre* Heated outdoor pool plus sauna and Jacuzzi* Walking to distance to Auckland city attractions including museum, art gallery, shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Langham, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham, Auckland New Zealand