We stayed at the Langham for one night, over the Easter weekend, to celebrate our 30th wedding Anniversary. I liaised with the hotel months in advance as we not only booked a room, but booked a massage for 2 in the early afternoon after our check-in, and also hosted 20 guests in the Eight Restaurant that evening to celebrate our anniversary. The whole booking procedure ran very smoothly with the staff on the phone being very obliging and helpful.
We were given an early check-in and late check-out, plus free parking as part of our room cost. We also received a bottle of bubbly and a congratulatory note plus a small box of 3 chocolates upon arrival. The massage at the spa was really lovely and as we readied ourselves for the dinner with family and friends we felt very relaxed.
The dinner at the Eight restaurant was wonderful. The staff were polite, friendly and helpful. As our guests arrived we were taken into the buffet area and shown all the various food stations. To have the meat and seafood freshly cooked in front of you was just great.
All of the food was delicious and beautifully presented. My mum had made and decorated a lovely anniversary cake and the staff cut it up for us at the end of the meal. We then all adjourned to the nearby bar, and the staff went out of the way to move tables and chairs to accommodate us, plus put snacks on the table and gave me some more chocolates and a Langham pen as an anniversary gift. We went to bed feeling as if the night had been an enormous success.
My husband and I had a very nice breakfast in the Eight restaurant the next morning. The friendliness of the staff was a stand-out without being at all pretentious. As we had a late check-out we went for a walk around the area before checking out. This was done very quickly for us and our car appeared a few minutes later. All in all, a delightful stay and I am so glad I chose the Langham for our special occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed for guests who value heartfelt service and engaging experiences, Cordis Auckland is located in a lively uptown area, within walking distance of the city’s museum, galleries and shops. The 411 modern rooms and suites are meticulously tailored to your way of life. Thoughtful extras and stylish interiors reveal a genuine attention to detail, with the latest in connectivity including complimentary high-speed Internet (15MBps) and a free-to-use smartphone in every room with a built-in city guide. The contemporary Eight restaurant and sophisticated Lobby Lounge offer stylish places to dine and socialise, while peaceful Chuan Spa and a heated roof-top pool create the perfect urban retreat for guests to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Cordis, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- Cordis, Auckland New Zealand