“A firm favourite”

Cordis, Auckland
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 July 2014

After trying a variety of hotels in Auckland my wife and I have settled on the Langham as our first choice. Yes it is getting a bit old in places and could do with a bit of a refurbishment but ultimately the staff make up for any real deficiencies. Service is always to the highest standard, with the staff being unfailingly polite and helpful. As you would expect from a property of this standard the rooms are quiet, clean and comfortable. I took the opportunity a few years ago to sign up to "1865" which offers a variety of benefits depending on your frequency of stays. I have progressed through to "Voyager" status and enjoy the welcome treats and room upgrades - my only regret is that I hadn't signed up earlier.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
tlakl, General Manager at Cordis, Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for your kind words about our staff and service – we take genuine pleasure in welcoming our guests and providing the best service we can. We would also like to reassure you that we are in the process of finalising plans for refurbishing our Classic Rooms. Good to hear you are an 1865 member – it’s a great programme for frequent stayers and the higher you progress, the more benefits you can enjoy. We shall look forward to welcoming you back again next time you visit.
All the best
Darren Thurlow, Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,454)

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

When traveling to Auckland, we always end up staying in the Langham. We have tried other places, some more expensive, some cheaper but actually the Langham offer for us what we believe a hotel of that level should provide. It is true that the rooms bring you back to Victorian time but for us, it also make you feel home. Breakfast is nice and staff friendly.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Chose to stay at the langham to celebrate my birthday! Could not have wished for anything more.weather in Auckland was not the best but with all on offer in the hotel , there was little reason to leave.the amenities at the spa are better than any I have experienced.roof top heated pool also great.food was unbelievable as was service.will definitely visit again.would he fabulous for a girls weekend away.remember swimmers!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed at the Langham and attended a conference there too.
The rooms are very dated, it really needs a renovation.
The staff in the cafe were very newly trained, they seemed to have difficulty with the simplest request.
The front of house and driveway staff were terrific.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I love the Langham and stay here for work when I can. Staff are super attentive, rooms and beds are lovely, clean and comfy. Easy wifi access and very quiet. Food is delicious and they are very good at catering to diet requirements.

Only drawback is that it is a bit of a walk to the CBD.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was treated to a night at the Langham and a beautiful Polynesian Spa. The hotel itself was a little disappointing. The staff were friendly and very efficient but my room was not ready until nearly 4.30 pm. Whilst waiting I enjoyed the heated pool which is great, as is the spa pool. The room was a little shabby and could do with a refurb. The movie I wished to watch "wasn't available" as I was eventually told after trying three times and then phoning reception. I had dinner at the Palm Court. The food was good but cold by the time it was served and after my main course, the table setting was whipped away. I was not offered dessert nor coffee, although I was offered another glass of wine. I had breakfast in my room which was good and delivered promptly. My experience at the Chuan Spa was faultless - the treatment, the atmosphere, the staff - well done.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here on Saturday night and we had a fantastic time! From the moment we arrived we were warmly welcomed and the staff were highly efficient. We stayed in the Executive Room which was lovely. The bed was super comfortable, the room was clean and we had easy wifi access - dreamy! We also dined at Eight which was fantastic with an amazing selection of food and used the pool and steam room facilities. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay again if I had the chance! :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple