“Always a treat.”

The Langham, Auckland
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Although some of the rooms are a little tired now the reception, service and warmth of the team make up for it. It is like a home away from home and walking into the beautiful perfumed foyer takes the stress out of the day.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Liz N

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I only stayed overnight and did not even get to enjoy the spa, pool the other amenities. But my first impression of the place is that it is impressive enough for me to book again. Although it did not have very high ceilings at the foyer, the chandelier and the huge floral dispaly made it look grand. The people at reception were very nice and upgraded my room simply because it was my first visit. My room was old school, and did not require my key card to be placed in a slot beside the door to turn on the lights.You flick on the switch beside the door and you have light! And what will greet you are large grandfather armchairs, lovely dark stained cabinets that hide the tea and coffee facilities and a cute and adorable stationery box. They even have their own pens to match their stationaries. Breakfast at the restaurant was very nice. Waffles, a chocolate fountain , croissants, a variety of cold cuts and cheeses and the good old breakfast buffet so you can stuff yourself with bacon, beans, mushroom and sausages! Lovelovelove! Its clean, the lobby smelt very nice, grand, impressive and the people I have dealt with are very very nice. If you are into diffusers and room sprays, buy a bottle of their signature Langham scent. Its heavenly! This is what hospitality is all about.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank IreneandSoli
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was a mixed stay. I booked two nights - one as a treat for my niece and the next as a treat for hubby and I.

The first night was great, front desk staff lovely, they upgraded us and my 8 year old niece was in 7th heaven! For this reason I booked a second night in a room with " City view" for me and hubby. However, we were put in a room in the backside of the hotel where the view was the carpark and I wasn't aware we had to specify a city view. I was also disappointed that the receptionist seemed a little surprised we were checking in...hmmm...one must never assume! So, first night was 5 star, second night not so 5 star. Rooms were spacious though, bathroom nice, food at Eight restaurant is good too as was room service.

Room Tip: Specify you want a room with half decent view, otherwise it's a good hotel with friendly staff...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank merem2013
tlakl, General Manager at The Langham, Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased that your first night was a success, and that we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade. It's always our pleasure to surprise guests in this way whenever our occupancy rates allow. Since we aim to make every visit as good as the last, we are sorry that our service levels were not up to our usual high standard on your second stay. We do hope that you will give us another chance to welcome you in the future.
Kind regards
Darren Thurlow, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The welcome and service at the Langham is exceptional. My stay was made more pleasurable by the sense of security I felt at all times. My room was clean and fresh and any requests made were quickly responded too. Thank you to all at the Langham.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Good hotel staffed by caring people. Nice accommoations. Room was clean and very neat. Would stay here again if in the same vacinity. Public rooms were spotless and High Tea on the Ground Floor was great.

Room Tip: Lots of atmosphere.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is uniquely, elegant and most of the stuff (chairs, tables, chandeliers, mirrors, etc) are kind of classic style.

Pink is it's main distinguished color. Amenities, pencils, pens, Room service menus and some more things are all nicely decorated flowery pink.

Rooms are equipped with 42' TVs. There are about 18-20 channels at most. 3-4 news channels, couple of sports channels, 3 or 4 movie channels, plus NatGeo and Discovery channels.
More movie channels would be good.

The restaurant is amazing!
On the day when it's a Seafood night, it's a must to visit! You will get a great deal with wide selection.

Remember to wake up for breakfast too. You will love it! Ice creams, freshly prepared pancakes, salads, fruits, and much, much more.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We love Rangham so much.
Great service...great facilities...great pool...We stayed at Rangham many times last 5years. Esp when We stayed for our daughters birthday ...I think we book directly by phone... I just told one of the operater it was my daughters special day..when we enteted the room there was the birthday card and a little chocolate wishing my daughters birthday !!
Those little attention makes us very special feeling and Rangham hotel always know our needs ... !! I higjly recommend Rangham hotel !!!! Ps We love five star filling package and Club room ...

• Stayed: June 2014