I received the gift of a Chaun Spa experience and was excited to use it and have a day of pampering. However, upon arrival at The Langham hotel on 26.07.14, where I had never been before, I firstly went to 'Concierge' to find out where the spa was located. I wasn't even allowed finish my sentence before a woman pointed towards reception. Not to be put off by the unprofessionalism of one person, I then went to reception where another woman kindly offered to call someone from the spa to come down and escort me up. Appreciating this touch, she was then interrupted by a (lacking in people skills) man, who said to me "it's on the second floor" and waited for me to go, as I was clearly wasting his valuable time. Why he found the need to stop this woman from doing a good job I have no idea. So having no clue as to where the elevators were located I was left to stumble off myself,gobsmacked at the "5 star service" recieved to find my own way, which is quite a trek from reception as I discovered.
I must say though, that from the moment I arrived in the Chaun Spa itself, everything was fantastic. The women at reception couldn't have been more helpful and kind and my therapist Colly was amazing, professional and friendly -a stark contrast to The Langham concierge and reception staff. I would highly recommend the spa to anyone looking to treat themselves or someone special. I was given the Chaun Body Elements package which I would definitely recommend - a full body massage and facial catered to you. Also worth mentioning is the facilties including heated swimming pool and jacuzzi and the tri-bathing ritual to begin is a must. Everything was clean and a lovely touch was to include some complimentary refreshments following my package. I also never once felt rushed as you can sometimes in spas. I left there walking on air and completely relaxed - thankfully helping me to forget about the below standard customer service skills delivered by the Langham reception staff.My advice go to the Chaun Spa but avoid The Langham reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5-star luxury Auckland hotel in Auckland's CBD offers: 409 rooms and suites* Dining at Eight restaurant and Palm Court* 24hr business centre* Free Wifi* Spacious meeting & banqueting facilities* Central CBD location* Luxury sedans available for airport transfers & sightseeing* Complimentary inner city shuttle service to waterfront* 24hr room service* Chuan Spa luxury Day Spa* 24hr fitness centre* Heated outdoor pool plus sauna and Jacuzzi* Walking to distance to Auckland city attractions including museum, art gallery, shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your The Langham, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham, Auckland New Zealand