“Always choose The Langham”

The Langham, Auckland
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Always choose The Langham”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I always stay here. The staff are professional and courteous, the breakfast spread is the best I have seen anywhere in the world and the beds are divinely comfy. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends

1 Thank LisamariewNZ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

...and I've lived here for nearly 15 years.

Central enough to get to the city and waterfront, a stone's throw from K Road, and just across from the universities.

Well decorated, excellent staff, quality food and drink.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have been staying at the Sheraton and now The Langham for 20 years. There are still staff at the hotel from those early days and it always special to catch up.
The customer service is faultless and every effort is made to make our stay memorable and enjoyable.
The staff is the single most important aspect at The Langham, and congratulations are due to them for the exceptionally high standards they deliver in such a personable manner.
The rooms are welcoming and comfortable, the restaurants are excellent, décor is superb, and we feel very much at home when we visit.
We look forward to our next visit and hope it can be longer.
Julie and Ray Cooper

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
tlakl, General Manager at The Langham, Auckland, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you Julie and Ray Cooper for your warm words – it is always special for us too, to welcome back our long-standing guests and know that we are providing them with a home away from home! We shall look forward to your next visit as well.
All the best
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I received the gift of a Chaun Spa experience and was excited to use it and have a day of pampering. However, upon arrival at The Langham hotel on 26.07.14, where I had never been before, I firstly went to 'Concierge' to find out where the spa was located. I wasn't even allowed finish my sentence before a woman pointed towards reception. Not to be put off by the unprofessionalism of one person, I then went to reception where another woman kindly offered to call someone from the spa to come down and escort me up. Appreciating this touch, she was then interrupted by a (lacking in people skills) man, who said to me "it's on the second floor" and waited for me to go, as I was clearly wasting his valuable time. Why he found the need to stop this woman from doing a good job I have no idea. So having no clue as to where the elevators were located I was left to stumble off myself,gobsmacked at the "5 star service" recieved to find my own way, which is quite a trek from reception as I discovered.
I must say though, that from the moment I arrived in the Chaun Spa itself, everything was fantastic. The women at reception couldn't have been more helpful and kind and my therapist Colly was amazing, professional and friendly -a stark contrast to The Langham concierge and reception staff. I would highly recommend the spa to anyone looking to treat themselves or someone special. I was given the Chaun Body Elements package which I would definitely recommend - a full body massage and facial catered to you. Also worth mentioning is the facilties including heated swimming pool and jacuzzi and the tri-bathing ritual to begin is a must. Everything was clean and a lovely touch was to include some complimentary refreshments following my package. I also never once felt rushed as you can sometimes in spas. I left there walking on air and completely relaxed - thankfully helping me to forget about the below standard customer service skills delivered by the Langham reception staff.My advice go to the Chaun Spa but avoid The Langham reception.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your comments and we have passed on our feedback to our front office team. It is definitely our intention that every guest should enjoy personal attention and experience the best possible customer service, so our apologies that this was not the case. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Chuan Spa experience and were able to feel relaxed and unrushed. It’s definitely a special place and we hope you can visit again.
Kind regards
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Although I live in Auckland, I like to indulge in a night at the langham from time to time. The beds/bedding here give you the most perfect nights sleep and the spa with the roof top swimming pool is a great feature. The staff are very well versed in etiquette but the bar in the hotel lobby lacks atmosphere and is a bit stuffy. It's great for a night away where you can lock yourself in with your partner, order room service and feel totally indulged. They have an amazing restaurant as part of the hotel too

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RichGoesRoaming
Auckland, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We were shouted a night at the hotel recently and it wasnt a pleasant experience. We got a bottle of bubbles with the package but no glasses. After waiting for them for 45 minutes we gave up. The receptionist who checked us in was brilliant but the bar staff was apalling. We had to wait 10 minutes before they acknowledged us (chatting amongst themselves was more important) and then had to wait to be served. Repeat drinks wasn't happening so we walked out. The breakfast buffet was average and the staff who checked our room number was inefficient. She said our names were not on the sheet after we were told the previous day that it was included and made us wait for 10 minutes to sort it out.
It was the night before our wedding and supposed to be a treat but it turned out to be a huge disappointment.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neildsousa
tlakl, General Manager at The Langham, Auckland, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your comments and we sincerely apologise that the service you received on your special evening was not up to our usual high standard. We take our customer feedback seriously and we would like to reassure you that we will be following this up with you directly.
Kind regards
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Enjoyed coming back to the Langham for another visit - as usual the room was clean, very comfortable and quiet. It's nice to get the platter of fresh fruit on arrival (a benefit of belonging to the Langhams 1865 loyalty program). Dinned in the Palm Court restaurant for lunch - fabulous meal and surprisingly good value.