“What you expect”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“What you expect”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Its a 4/5 star rated place and is pretty much what you expect. Well presented rooms/lobby. Our price inculded buffet breaffast at the 8 restaurant. The pool and spa was great as not much used. Parking is an issue, with very expensive public park next door. But bus stop right outside.

Room Tip: try the back facing rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Beautiful and classic hotel. A very comfortable bed, good sized room and lovely traditional furnishings. There is of course the hotel restaurant and 2 across the road but main restaurant areas are a little bit away, in saying this it was a 10 minute walk to Queen St which was very convenient and many more options around that area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pink_Dragon22
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I booked 2 nights here as a surprise for my girlfriends 21st, she was absolutely blown away, and I was very impressed, travelled the world and this was one of the best I've stayed in especially for the price!
We arrived in the amazing lobby and where immediately upgraded, bit of a fuss around paying cash, but cleared up quickly!
We where greeted with a harp player by the elevator bank, and 'English tea' being served, all out little finger up and cakes on the tiered trays.
The rooms where great, although a touch on the small side, hate to think what the smaller one we'd been upgraded from would be like!
The black out curtains work, which is rare! The super king was just that, super and fit for a king, 1000 thread count sheets, down pillows, the works.
Bathroom wasn't spectacular, but the black marble everywhere was.
We had room service for breakfast, madly expensive but worth it, all the little jams, and the eggs where properly poached, toaster brought up so the English muffins where warm!
The spa, Oh my god the spa! The sauna, snail shower, icing station, and the swimsuit dryer was a cool touch!
Concierge service was impeccable, and we where given a free late checkout.
This is a great hotel, and my girlfriend will forever remember her stay here!
The atmosphere was a little "try to be fancy" like everyone there where doing the same thing we where, but that's hardly a bad thing.

Location isn't great for walking especially from town to there and it's very close to a bad strip in Auckland, but you won't want to leave your room or the spa anyway so that's not really a problem!

Completely recommend, and can't wait to get back!

• Stayed April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel stood up to its reputation. It had class written all over it. Very comfortable spacious room with all the facilities. Conference facilities and good restaurants. The quality of service was excellent and food was very good. No need to eat outside. Just make sure that you book a place in the restaurant if you are planning to eat on Friday night. Staff were all very helpful and friendly. I would return to the same place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ardy G
Hobart
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The Langham Auckland is one of the most amazing hotels I have ever stayed. It was so refreshing to receive such a big welcome on arrival from Abi at the front desk after my long trip. I happened to mention to Abi I had lost my sampson suitcase keys and was unable to access any of my belongings and inquired about somewhere I could take my suitcase in the morning. Straight away, Abi offered her assistance and her reply was ' we ARE going to get your suitcase unlocked for you'. As the Sampson suitcases are specially keyed, I knew it wasn't an easy challenge Abi had decided to take on and I really didn't expect my suitcase to be unlocked because of the difficulty of the unique locks on the case - but I was so touched by the genuine offer of help and empathy Abi showed me.
I checked into my room on the club floor. The room was beautiful, exquisite decor, spotlessly clean, luxury and quality amenities, marble bathroom and tiles (loved the tiles) and quality furniture.
I decided to visit the clubroom for a vino after my long day. Another lovely welcome from the clubroom lady - I felt so pampered. That clubroom was amazing - I hadn't eaten and was so glad I hadn't - the food was just so scrumptious. I am fairly strict with what I eat and the food choices were so extensive to suit all types of diets. Just loved that clubroom.
No sooner than I wandered back to my room, there was a knock at my door. I answered it to the beaming porter and to my surprise my suitcase was unlocked.
I went down to reception to thank Abi - her modest reply was 'I feel guilty taking any credit, as it was RICK (our engineer) who unlocked the suitcase'. THANK YOU ABI & RICK - you are a great team. I slept so soundly in the most comfortable bed ever - everything was just so perfect, the pillows, the mattress, the sheets. I had the choice of breakfast at either the clubroom or buffet breakfast at Club Eight. I decided on the clubroom and again enjoyed scrumptious and healthy food while enjoying the marvelous view and researching Auckland on my laptop utilising the hotel's wifi that was included in my package from the hotel.
The next morning I had the buffet breakfast at the Eight Restaurant that also had a huge variety of good quality food, but must say I preferred that clubroom. Loved that clubroom so much. My itinerary only allowed me to stay for two nights, wished I could have stayed longer -it was pure indulgence. Other luxuries are the Chuan spa, fitness studio, heated infinity pool...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
tlakl, General Manager at The Langham, Auckland, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for warm words and we are delighted to hear that your received such excellent service from Abi and Rick. We encourage all our staff to go the extra mile, as we want our guests to feel that The Langham a real home away from home, and not just a place to stay! Good to hear that you enjoyed your Club Lounge experience. It offers great value for travellers and the complimentary evening drinks and canapes are a nice way to mix and meet other Club guests. We shall hope to welcome you again next time you visit Auckland.
Kind regards
Darren Thurlow, Hotel Manager
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I surprised my partner with an all expenses paid lunch, dinner and weekend here. He was so surprised and we were by far amazed by the rooms! Old but elegant furniture with a pale pink and gold theme to the room it was gorgeous. We got a great deal for our room and expected much less than what we were given, I was very impressed! They looked after us so well. The rooftop pool is to die for and I stayed in it until closing. Would defiantly recommend this to anyone although it is very pricey...which is expected from a 5star hotel

Stayed April 2014
Hamilton / Cambridge, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Located top of Symonds Street ,Auckland City, is the superb Langham Hotel.
A wonderful experience in all matters, whether it be the greeting on arrival, the great room selected, with luxuriant bathroom linen to the wonderful meal options, really The Langham MUST be visited.
We really enjoyed our two night stay, intending to return within the month.
Roll out the same welcome, we will definitely be returning.
Thanx team, from A.& M. from Cambridge, N.Z.

Room Tip: The meal options, are impressive.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple