We stayed for 4 nights in late Jan, having booked directly about 4 weeks in advance. We paid $179NZD a night for room only which I think was a great rate for the quality of the hotel. We arrived at 4.00am off of a long flight and were given our room straight away, despite check-in time offically not being until 12 noon. Our room was on the 6th floor where free internet access was available in the lobby ( beware in room use of internet is $30NZD an hour).
The hotel looks as though it has been modernised recently and they are in the process of adding a spa. The rooftop pool is already open and provides a great place to cool down after a days siteseeing in the city. The service was great throughout our stay. We ate in the formal restaurant one night and whilst it was a bit more expensive than outside restaurants we found the food and service to be excellent.
The only thing to consider before staying here as a tourist is the location, its not in downtown Auckland but does run an efficient and free transfer bus every 30 mins. We didn't find the location a problem and even walked into town one day ( about 25mins downhill).
All in all we were really pleased with out choice and would return to stay here if we visited the city again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed for guests who value heartfelt service and engaging experiences, Cordis Auckland is located in a lively uptown area, within walking distance of the city’s museum, galleries and shops. The 411 modern rooms and suites are meticulously tailored to your way of life. Thoughtful extras and stylish interiors reveal a genuine attention to detail, with the latest in connectivity including complimentary high-speed Internet (15MBps) and a free-to-use smartphone in every room with a built-in city guide. The contemporary Eight restaurant and sophisticated Lobby Lounge offer stylish places to dine and socialise, while peaceful Chuan Spa and a heated roof-top pool create the perfect urban retreat for guests to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Expedia, Splitty, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Cordis, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- Cordis, Auckland New Zealand