We stayed at the Langham for one night to celebrate out wedding anniversary. Upon arriving in the forecourt we were met by Greg who was very friendly and helpful, he arranged to have our car valet parked then ushered us to reception to check in.
John at check-in was also extremely friendly and efficient.
After the brief check in formalities we got to our room, (667) and were VERY impressed with the decor and ambience. The bed was huge and very comfortable, the quality of the furnishings and drapes were top of the line from the walnut inlays in the dressing cabinets to the elegant table and chairs. There was plenty of room to move around and the bathroom was quite large and equally impressive as well with nice soaps, shaving kit etc.
Shortly after entering our room a quality bottle of bubbly arrived with two glasses.
We were planning to dine at Partingtons but decided the more casual SBF buffet restaurant, the meal was a little on the pricey side but for those who love meat and seafood it was reasonable. Being vegetarian I felt the options were a little limited. As usual, the staff were excellent.
The winery was also a great place to have that last glass of wine before turning in, lovely ambience again with a fantastic range of wine.
Arriving back at the room it was lovely to see the bed turned down with slippers placed on a bath towel either side of the bed and also chocolates nearby, a nice touch.
The next day, we had a late start as we had slept in!!, the room was so quiet and dark thanks to the blackout curtains.
After browsing the Sunday paper and supplements were had breakfast at SBF again and this time I felt spoilt for choice, fantastic hash browns!!
Checkout again was a breeze and our car waiting for us as we left the reception.
The Langham would be most definitely be the best hotel we have stayed at in New Zealand, lovely friendly service, fantastic rooms and elegant atmosphere make this a great experience, we will return again with our daughter next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed for guests who value heartfelt service and engaging experiences, Cordis Auckland is located in a lively uptown area, within walking distance of the city’s museum, galleries and shops. The 411 modern rooms and suites are meticulously tailored to your way of life. Thoughtful extras and stylish interiors reveal a genuine attention to detail, with the latest in connectivity including complimentary high-speed Internet (15MBps) and a free-to-use smartphone in every room with a built-in city guide. The contemporary Eight restaurant and sophisticated Lobby Lounge offer stylish places to dine and socialise, while peaceful Chuan Spa and a heated roof-top pool create the perfect urban retreat for guests to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Cordis, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- Cordis, Auckland New Zealand