This was a superb place to get over what was fairly horrific jet lag. Great bar, adequate bedroom and two well appointed restaurants with good (not great) food. We stayed in a Club room and if you eat breakfast and drink alcohol would urge you to consider this option as we found it quite cost effective. The breakfast food was lovely and the two hour long ‘free’ cocktail hour was generous – easily possible to drink a bottle of wine each if you were so inclined with delicious canapés and indeed a generous enough buffet that if you had had lunch you could probably get by with no more food. The club room area itself was also a useful, pleasant and quiet space.
We ate in the main 24 hour restaurant the first night (SPF?) and had very acceptable oysters and exceedingly well cooked steaks with lovely mash and beans. The second night we enjoyed the fine dining restaurant ‘Partingtons’. Decor is lovely, the service nice and the food was fine – but perhaps not as great as the hype might lead you to believe – however it also wasn’t as expensive as we expected either so no complaints. The shuttle to town worked well for us and getting cabs back was easy and inexpensive. We had a look at the Hilton for our return journey – the reception had a queue, it felt very clinical, it was nearly double the cost and the architecture was unappealing to us so we decided against however the location by the ferry terminal is ideal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5-star luxury Auckland hotel in Auckland's CBD offers: 409 rooms and suites* Dining at Eight restaurant and Palm Court* 24hr business centre* Free Wifi* Spacious meeting & banqueting facilities* Central CBD location* Luxury sedans available for airport transfers & sightseeing* Complimentary inner city shuttle service to waterfront* 24hr room service* Chuan Spa luxury Day Spa* 24hr fitness centre* Heated outdoor pool plus sauna and Jacuzzi* Walking to distance to Auckland city attractions including museum, art gallery, shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Langham, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham, Auckland New Zealand