I've read many reviews about this hotel and after checking it out for myself I couldn't agree more with all the great things said about The Langham.
From the valet to check in; it was the simplest process I've ever gone through and the staff was friendly and welcoming. The lobby was very 'grand' with a fabulous ornate chandelier and a huge display of white lilies which made a great back drop for a few snappers making the most of the beauty.
On arrival the hotel was very busy with high tea being served yet there were staff everywhere happy to assist with our questions.
Walking into the room felt like walking onto the set of ‘Death on the Nile' with the yesteryear timeless decor which was luxurious and a grand point of difference to other 5 star hotels in Auckland.
The room including the bathroom was very clean. Only gripe there was the dust on the glasses but that was an easy fix. The bed was very comfortable but oddly my feet were hanging off the bed during the night which was the first topic of discussion in the morning.... 'is this bed short?' I'm only 5'4 so it was amusing.
The buffet breakfast in SBF was lovely - all the usual dishes. Only point of difference besides the decor was the chef on hand to prepare fresh eggs and omelets.
Check out was faster than check in and overall our stay was very enjoyable and it was definitely value for money as we had the 5 star fling deal.
However, when the valet bought our car around it was covered in a lot of bird droppings and it was stifling hot from no doubt being parked outdoors uncovered in the sun. This was the only downer on our otherwise fabulous stay.
Will we return? Definitely!! We've been checking out the local Auckland 5 star hotels to pick the one we'll spend our 1st night as a married couple in and out of The Sky Grand, Westin and Hilton, this is our pick. We'll get to experience what these other types of hotels offer when we carry on with our honeymoon around the South Island in Jan 2010.
Tip: Go for an all inclusive package deal that suits. There are several.
Happy & safe travels.
Isabel & Ed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5-star luxury Auckland hotel in Auckland's CBD offers: 409 rooms and suites* Dining at Eight restaurant and Palm Court* 24hr business centre* Free Wifi* Spacious meeting & banqueting facilities* Central CBD location* Luxury sedans available for airport transfers & sightseeing* Complimentary inner city shuttle service to waterfront* 24hr room service* Chuan Spa luxury Day Spa* 24hr fitness centre* Heated outdoor pool plus sauna and Jacuzzi* Walking to distance to Auckland city attractions including museum, art gallery, shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Langham, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham, Auckland New Zealand