ThIs hotel is not in the best of Locations, it is at the very top of Queens Street up near the Motorway, about 15/20 minutes walk to the CBD but the hotel does provide a free shuttle bus to and from the city so this did not really bother me.
The hotel is approx 30 years old and it desperately need a refurbishment. It only has 1 bar , which is in the hotel Lobby , this seems to cater more for afternoon teas so does not have the right feel as a evening bar. A lovely out door bar / coffee terrace is definatley needed.There are 3 tables that i think they call a terrace next to the main entrance and the carpark,(not really relaxing for an afternoon drink in the sun!)
There are 2 restaurants , 1 called Eight which has just opened , 8 culinary kitchens in one restaurant but when we found out this restaurant double up for Breakfast in the mornings we decided to give it a miss. The Breakfast was an additional $37 each and the hotel was full on New years eve so they wanted us to queue the next morning for breakfast for half an hour before we got a table .
The hotel rooms are very average, desperately need a refurbishment. We got a good deal on agoda website so i think we got the cheap room on floor 4, as my mum was on floor 5 and the furniture in her room was alot better.
The bathrooms are tiny and smelt of damp, the shower was so small over the bath, that my husband head could touch the ceiling.
The pool area is tiny , 20 sunbeds , 3 tables and a hot tub! Guest are fighting to get a sunbed. It needs planting out nicely to make this area look better , Maybe even a sun terrace were you can have a relaxing drink!
Overall the experience in this hotel was not great , It is more like a 3 star ! we would not return to this hotel again or recommend friends but in all fairness i dont think Auckland has a true 5 star hotel so were would you go .I have been recommended a boutique hotel called "mollies" but that is approx $500 per night so alot more expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5-star luxury Auckland hotel in Auckland's CBD offers: 409 rooms and suites* Dining at Eight restaurant and Palm Court* 24hr business centre* Free Wifi* Spacious meeting & banqueting facilities* Central CBD location* Luxury sedans available for airport transfers & sightseeing* Complimentary inner city shuttle service to waterfront* 24hr room service* Chuan Spa luxury Day Spa* 24hr fitness centre* Heated outdoor pool plus sauna and Jacuzzi* Walking to distance to Auckland city attractions including museum, art gallery, shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Langham, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham, Auckland New Zealand