The Sebel Auckland Viaduct Harbour
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$174
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$156
US$140
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$124
  • Restaurant
Rydges Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$146
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$115
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
US$233
US$215
  • Breakfast included
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$82
US$211
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$132
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
1,236 results
All reviewsviaduct harbourbars and restaurantsgreat locationmarina view suitewasher and dryerstudio suitecar parkmaritime museumaccor memberaccor hotelsyour doorstepsmall balconyfloor roomgood sizedining tableferry buildingseparate bedroom
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We recently stayed here for 2 nights. Great location, views of the harbour, numerous restaurants and pubs very close by, and also convenient for the Auckland CBD. Not forgetting very clean rooms, helpful staff, and comfortable beds. We had a 3rd floor room facing the harbour, above the restaurants, but weren't disturbed by noise. A very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Go for a marina view room, even though they are more expensive
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We enjoyed a weekend in the Sebel Suites hotel. The room was nice and clean, and equipped with a small kitchen. We liked the fact that the bathroom had both a shower cabin and a bath. One can park in the (somewhat tight) parking garage below the hotel for NZD 26 a day.

The location is great, on the harbor waterfront in the middle of all the Viaduct bars and restaurants. This also brings a possible downside: the noise (especially Friday and Saturday night). We had a room (3rd floor) on with city view and were not bothered by the noise, but we could hear some already despite being further away from the bars.

Fans of Asian food, don’t forget to try the very good restaurant across the road, Monsoon Poon.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors with harbour view can be noisy because of all the bars below.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2012

The Triathlon World Championships were being held in Auckland from 14-22 October. I arrived in this hotel on Wednesday 17 October. I had booked in for 7 nights and booked a harbour view room. When I reached the room it was an 'inner' corner room with a very poor view of the harbour. I returned to reception and expressed my concern, and I was offered a more suitable room but smaller. As I was travelling alone the room was suitable and the view was much better so I accepted the new room. There was a kitchen, sitting room/dining room, bedroom and large bathroom. The view over the harbour was wonderful and you could entertain yourself just 'people watching'. There were a series of restaurants on the waterfront below the hotel and you could use any of these and charge the meal to your room. I however, used the restaurant 'Mecca' and paid cash. A lovely restaurant with an excellent menu who did not regard a single dining person as 'odd'. I had no trouble sleeping at night and was unaware of any noise from the bars and restaurants below which I had read about prior to my stay. The room was serviced promptly by housekeeping so if I returned during the day the room was pristine! Auckland was packed with all the international teams attending the Triathlon event which gave the city a lovely air of competition.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary W
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We enjoyed two nights in a harbour view jnr suite. We picked the hotel as it was the best of the a limited number that had rooms still available on the weekend that Coldplay were in Auckland. That said we would choose to stay here again. It was quiet busy. Contrary to many reviews we found that the sound was no problem. Yes there is a lot of noise from the bars and restaurants, but on lvl 4 this was not noticeable after the windows were shuts and blinds fully drawn.

We stayed with two infant kids and found the hotel very child friendly. The location was great. Underground parking, fantastic restaurants on your door step, a beautiful harbour and the tepid pools across the street.

The only disappointment was wifi. There was no hotel wifi picked up so I paid for some substandard local services. I asked on checkout and found out they had wifi routers at reception that you connect to the existing cable service. If a $100 motel or even McDonalds can do quality free wifi, then Sebel should be able to host wifi.

In the end, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher level to avoid any noise. We enjoyed our room, but the harbour view from Room 413 was obscured by a wall that prevented you from seeing the harbour. Other hotels would might call this more correctly 'partial harbour views'. From the couch we had better views of the other guests enjoying the harbour than the actual harbour. We would ask for room with full harbour views next time.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed last week for one night on business. The location of the hotel is right on the water in the Viaduct precinct. It is situated above bars and restaurants and is pretty much right on the water. It was very, very busy and I cant imagine if you were in a low room above these bars that it would be pleasant at all. I had the opposite issue being situated literally beside a busy freeway looking directly into a multi story car park. Not only was it noisy but it was lit up and in with bright street lights which invaded the rooms blinds.

If I was there for another night I would have moved rooms or hotel. The plus side was the room was clean with basic kitchen amenities. The bed was average. Not sure I can recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get as high as possible!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business