“My new favourite inner city overnight stay”

The Sebel Auckland Viaduct Harbour
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 8 May 2013

If I could give a 3 and a half star - I would...We had a function to attend in the city so treated ourselves to an overnight stay as well. I have been wanting to stay here for years and was able to secure an acceptable price for a Marina view suite. I thought it was well laid out. Some reviewers commended on noise and it was a Friday night and noise was not an issue. We thought checkout was slow...I was honest and told them I had used plunger coffee - and the time and money spent (I don't know how many pieces of paper had to be printed) on that very slow transaction would be worth complimentary coffee in my view. If small town motels can do the plunger complimentary - I think inner city hotels should consider that. My husband left his jacket in the room and days later when we worked out where he had left it - it was with the hotel - but I could't understand why they didm"t contact us because they had our details. Some - small things that would make a difference. If the jacket; slow checkout and costly coffee were"t there - definitely a 4 star! No more because this is pretty much a no service hotel. Great rooms, great location (if you want to be waterfront). We will return.

Room Tip: Why stay at the Sebel and not be Marina view?
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 May 2013

What a fantastic hotel. This place offers it all. Friendly staff, fantastic view of the viaduct and the location is great. Walking distance to plenty of bars and restaurants. The room was very spacious, clean and quiet. Would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Katie W, General Manager at The Sebel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear Roxy1932,
Thank you for sharing your experience of The Sebel Suites Auckland. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the location and views the hotel has to offer and we thank you in advance for your recommednations.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

I stayed three nights at the Sebel because I had events to attend in the Viaduct. The hotel is brilliantly positioned, though I didn't score a room with a view. However, as I got the booking at a very good price, I couldn't complain. You get a suite for the price of the room and as I object to paying $25 for breakfast, having a fridge, microwave, hot plate, cutlery etc was perfect because I was able to buy yoghurt, bread etc and enjoy breakfast while reading the paper. Bed was very comfortable, and I suppose my only grumble was the internet pricing (but then all the American chains charge even more). Staff very professional and helpful, and there are plenty of restaurants and bars around the Viaduct area.

Room Tip: book a harbour view - but it will cost more
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank George H

Dear George H,
Thank you for feedback, we appreciate receiving a positive response to our guest experience. The suites certainly lend themselves to self catering so we are pleased to hear you enjoyed these features.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

Great place to stay to be in the middle of it all in the Viaduct. Friendly and helpful staff. Loved sitting on the balcony having a glass of wine as the sun went down. Great restaurants near by. Very clean , tidy and comfortable

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear MataKazza,
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and made perfect use of the balcony to watch the sun set and no doubt relax. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

This hotel is located in the Marina area of Auckland and you can literally walk out the back of the hotel into the food and entertainment area of the marina or with a 2 minute walk you are in the Harbour area of Auckland. We had an issue with hot water (no ones fault) and the staff went out of their way to help. the Front reception staff and concierge staff were genuinely friendly and helpful and really made an impact on us and we really enjoyed chatting with the guys.

The hotels location though is also one of its small problems as it can be noisy with the bars from the Marina areas. We were there on a Saturday night and the noise went well after midnight, but on the other hand the rooms are large and contain everything you need, the views are fantastic, the staff amazing so whats a bit of noise... Am even planning to come back for a few days soon and really enjoy the food and night life in this area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear HB00763,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of The Sebel Suites Auckland. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and can assist in recommendations and reservations with Restaurants and eateries within the area.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Slightly awkward arrival with no dedicated driveway, making it a bit hard to navigate traffic and luggage. However, friendly staff and well appointed room. I loved having a washing machine, and the detergent was replaced after each service.
Great location, everything was as expected.
I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Katie W, General Manager at The Sebel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear Spinner S,
Thank you for your positive feedback and appreciate the challenges with the limited parking outside the immediate hotel entrance. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sebel Suites back in February for a concert at the Vectra Arena.
We really enjoyed the stay. The rooms were lovely and looked out over the Viaduct Basin.
Not having a nav man or similar we drove past it a couple of times expecting to see the sign out side in large letters. I rang and got very good directions from the desk staff. I missed the parking opening which was my fault as I had been very busy leading up to the weekend and not read the instructions. Once again the staff were very helpful and calmed down this panicked guest. They were really very lovely and helpful. It was a fantastic people watching spot for later on when we got back from the concert but did not feel like being amongst the hub.(we are a little older)
I thought maybe we would have had a disturbed night with the noise from bars etc but we both had the best sleep we had had for ages. Would stay again :-).

Room Tip: A good view of the basin and handy to many restaurants and bars or just a quite drink on the balcony...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Gayel P,
We appreciate receiving your feedback and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the great location. We will certainly share your feedback in relation to your service comments with our team.