The Sebel Auckland Viaduct Harbour
US$221
US$116
US$92
  • Bar/Lounge
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$119
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
VR Auckland City(Auckland Central)
US$101
Orbitz.com
US$198
US$147
  • Restaurant
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$91
US$78
  • Restaurant
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$191
US$166
1,228 results
All reviewsviaduct harbourbars and restaurantsgreat locationmarina view suitewasher and dryerstudio suitecar parkmaritime museumaccor memberaccor hotelsyour doorstepsmall balconyfloor roomgood sizedining tableferry buildingseparate bedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Make sure you have a good map or functioning GPS when looking for this hotel. It is easy to find once you know how to get there, but if you don't, you can spend a good deal of time searching - but it seriously is worth looking for.

We loved our little apartment overlooking the marina, and thoroughly enjoyed comfortable furnishings, a well-equipped kitchenette and a luxurious bathroom - in addition to a very comfortable bed, of course. Staff were more than courteous, thoroughly professional and helpful, as well. The hotel is within easy walking distance to everywhere, although you might not want to go too far. The hotel itself has no restaurant, but there are plenty in the marina area, and they are excellent! There is also plenty of nightlife, and you could possibly have a problem with noise from the restaurants below during the weekend. If it wouldn't bother you, this would be an excellent choice of place to stay. We could not have wished for a better place to spend the end of our holiday.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thatsmystuff
Reviewed 29 July 2009

We stayed from 25 - 29 July and was pleasantly surprised by the Sebel Suites. It is situated in a excellent location - the views, the restaurants & it is very close to all tour departures & the tourist information centre. It is a 5-10 min walk to Queens street and all the other attractions such as the Sky Tower.

We found the front desk staff to be very friendly and helpful and would definitely recommend it to all.

We were a bit concerned about some previous posts about the noise levels - we were allocated a room on the 5th floor so the noise (if there was any) did not disturb us.

We loved the Wild Fire restaurant - a Brazilian BBQ restaurant situated at the Princess Wharf, Quay Street. A amazing dining experience - go hungry - very hungry!

We also enjoyed Monsoon Poon situated on Corner of Custom Street West
and Lower Hobson Street. They serve exotic flavours of India, South China, Vietnam, Thailand, the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia. This restaurant is across the road from the Sebel Suites which makes it very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Izet
Reviewed 5 July 2009

I have to start by saying I do like staying in apartment style hotels for the rooms.

Reservation - When booking this room I did ask for the best room in the place as money was not a issue.

Room - It was large and spacious, but was on the bottom floor, close to the restaurants, hopefully that wasn’t there best room, but it was still OK, I have stayed in better apartment hotels.

Staff - Just your standard staff, nothing to rave about but were OK.

Location - If you want to be close to the city, probably not a good choice, but it is very located next to the harbor, with nice views.

Restaurants - None in the hotel itself, but there are plenty to choose for outside the front door.

Overall - Not a bad place to stay , but not the best either , very good value thou , I would probably choose another hotel next time thou, just seem to be lacking something that I cant put my finger on.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2009

Great value near the water, a little noisy as there are a couple of pubs and restaurants on the ground floor. we landed here and it allowed us to get our bearings, check the rates as we got a great deal to stay here on the weekend as it is used a lot for business travelers and the rates go up on the week days.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zacaboo
Reviewed 19 June 2009

Over the years, I have stayed at this hotel over 50 times (this is not an exaggeration).

I love the location, style and value.

However, I must agree with other posters that this hotel can be noisy. Fortunately I rarely stay on weekends, so most nights it is fine - but occasionally the pubs below decide to pump out music late into the night.

This week I stayed there again and, for one of the very few occasions, actually rang reception at 11pm to ask "when the music downstairs is likely to stop?".

The reception staff seemed genuinely surprised and puzzled by my request - as if being kept awake by pub music at 11pm was nothing to be bothered about. The nonchalant reply I received was "probably around 1am or 1,30am". The staff member was very matter-of-fact about this - as if I was asking him what time breakfast is served in the morning.

Management of this hotel need to seriously consider the relationship they have with the pubs downstairs. The only other time I complained about the noise was a few years ago - when I was assured pubs must close at a certain time (that I cannot recall). However, the pub music went on well beyond this.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business