I payed 93 dollars for a single (double) room ensuite. i got a VERY SMALL room on the same floor as the reception. Sleeping was impossible due to 1. the unbearable heat in the room (windows cannot be opened) and this is in wintertime! 2. the noise.
this IS a backpacker place but they charge hotel prices unless you sleep in a dorm! in other ways: avoid this place at all costs unless you are in for party at all time and staying in a dorm.
btw even if you stay in a room and not a dorm, they demand 20 dollars cash deposit for the key!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Base Backpacker Auckland is located in the heart of Auckland city, less than 5 minutes walk to everywhere. We have fun working here so we know you'll have fun staying in our hostel. Former ACB, Base Auckland hostel is located in the heart of the city - central to shops, cafes, museums, Sky tower and only a few minutes walk to train, bus and ferry terminals and Vector Arena. The airport bus (Airbus) stops right outside our door! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Base Auckland Central Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base Auckland Central Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Base Auckland Central Backpackers New Zealand