I stayed 3 nights in June 2010 and overall had a good experience. When I first walked into the lobby level there was a sea of people trying to check in. It looked like a bunch of wild chickens attacking the counter. Completely disorganized and rude staff. The good: Perfect location, huge fully equiped kitchen, TV rooms, lounge area, and Globe Bar right downstairs. The rooms were just ok. The bad: I had a top bunk and the mattress was sunken in the middle. Ugh! Most of the front desk staff was just plain rude. Just unhappy unfriendly people. Overall a good stay, met some amazing people, and made some great memories at Globe. Check it out!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Base Backpacker Auckland is located in the heart of Auckland city, less than 5 minutes walk to everywhere. We have fun working here so we know you'll have fun staying in our hostel. Former ACB, Base Auckland hostel is located in the heart of the city - central to shops, cafes, museums, Sky tower and only a few minutes walk to train, bus and ferry terminals and Vector Arena. The airport bus (Airbus) stops right outside our door! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Base Auckland Central Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base Auckland Central Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Base Auckland Central Backpackers New Zealand