For some reason, I was awoken after 1am by the sound of glass shards scrunching across the tarmac. "Could people be cleaning the remnants of broken glass bottles at this time?" I thought to myself. Laughter from some very loud people in a drunken stupor followed. More cleaning and glass scrunching was heard in the wee hours of daybreak. This was one of the less favourable YHAs I've stayed in NZ. No towels were provided. The twin room we stayed in was tiny and quite old. The beds sagged though they seemed clean. The toilets are near the lift (a plus- the lift) but are small one-person cubicles so it's not very convenient when shared among a couple of rooms. The hostel is located at the top of a slope and it took about 20 minutes to walk to the Skytower. Though it's not badly located, it isn't the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YHA Auckland City is the ideal backpacker hostel to start or finish your New Zealand adventure. The hostel combines the excitement of the city with a safe and secure environment. Located at the top of Auckland’s Queen Street, this former hotel has backpacker accommodation comprising mainly twin and double rooms with some multi-share rooms and some of our rooms have views over Auckland city. There is a sun deck on the 3rd floor with a BBQ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Hotel.de so you can book your YHA Auckland City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auckland City Yha Hotel Auckland Central
- YHA Auckland City New Zealand