This could be a decent YHA however it lack a few things that are usually standard in most hostels. The dorm rooms do not have lockers in them, while the website states they are available you must pay to use the lockers in the basement level.
I had problems with the lock on my door during my stay and it was a bit concerning knowing that anyone could walk into my room at anytime. This was brought up on midway through my 4 night stay and was not fixed by the time I departed.
Also, rooms do not have reading lights. This is a problem if you decide to go to bed early when the people you are sharing with are still awake
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YHA Auckland City is the ideal backpacker hostel to start or finish your New Zealand adventure. The hostel combines the excitement of the city with a safe and secure environment. Located at the top of Auckland’s Queen Street, this former hotel has backpacker accommodation comprising mainly twin and double rooms with some multi-share rooms and some of our rooms have views over Auckland city. There is a sun deck on the 3rd floor with a BBQ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your YHA Auckland City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auckland City Yha Hotel Auckland Central
- YHA Auckland City New Zealand