“Big + Quality B&B”

Bavaria Bed & Breakfast Hotel
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The property is quite big for B&B. It is run professionally by a German couple. Free internet and plenty of parking space. Good lounging area, computer for guest use and near to supermarket and shops. The price is reasonable for all these facilities, there is really no compromise.

Some small problems with the shower on the first night and it was promptly fixed the next day. This is the place I will stay the next time I visit Auckland again.

Room Tip: I had the first room from the entrance. It had a double bed and the shower is bigger.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 July 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights (cost $225 single occupancy) while attending a course at AUT. I chose this place because I'm on a budget, need parking and Internet access. The advertising on booking.com said free wireless Internet which seemed to good to be true - it turns out you get a 50mb voucher which ticked away very quickly even just browsing the Internet. On the first night a very nice helpful lady gave me two vouchers so I could do some study. On the 2nd night a younger girl who was staff told me I could have one voucher and would have to make it last because even she only had limited Internet access - charming! The rooms are clean and I had a good nights sleep but they are dated with no TV in the room and the only tea and coffee making facilities are in the lounge and it's a mini urn that takes an age to heat up. The bathroom was small but adequate and clean. The location is handy for town and the off street parking is a bonus. Overall a little disappointing, (make sure your advertising is honest people) and I wouldn't say great value either.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 21 December 2011

A fully cooked breakfast contains at least bacon, fried egg and beans - not here. No bacon or fried egg (we don't want that smell here) just poached or boiled and one spoonful of beans. Just enough jam in the dish to cover half a slice of toast so pile the dishes...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gkiwi615
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Dear Ulrike and Lisa,
We are safely back in the UK and just about beginning to feel normal after the jet lag!
We wanted to thank you both (and the other staff) for all you did to make our stay in New Zealand truly amazing. It was wonderful to be able to return to the comfort and prime location of Bavaria B & B each weekend and your RWC breakfasts were unbeatable - especially my 'Eggs Benedict without egg'! The generous glass of NZ sparkling wine before the final was also really good fun and very thoughtful. There is such a lovely, welcoming atmosphere at Bavaria B & B.
We really could not have been more delighted with our choice of accommodation for the matches at Eden Park and also for general accessibility to the centre of town and the road network around Auckland.
We shall definitely recommend you to others and will come back next time.
With all good wishes,
Angela and David Ireland

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We stayed at the Bavaria for 3 nights for the Rugby World Cup. The B&B is in a great location, only a short walk to Eden Park, which was reflected in the price we paid (more than we had recently paid at a 5 star Hotel) and they have parking for about 8 or 10 vehicles. The hosts were pleasant and welcoming and the guest lounge was nice but our room was small and a little dated and the bathroom was tiny with one of the smallest showers I've ever been in. There was a balcony off the room with patio doors which was nice. Breakfast was good and, when we said we were thinking of driving out into wine country for the day, the lady who was hosting that weekend, Lisa, gave us directions and great suggestions about where to go and what to do.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HollyHop_9
Reviewed 22 September 2011

This is a spotless B&B which is run by extremely friendly people.
The breakfasts were great and there was always plenty of fresh coffee.
This B&B is in a very pretty part of town and only 10-to 15 minutes walk to Eden Park, possibly 2 m to 6 hours if you stop on the way home for a beer or two.
Nice and warm in winter and in a great part of town.
I'd suggest some more variety in the breakfasts as it becomes boring after two-three days.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Very good place to stay but I little expensive for latinamerican people. Service is excellent and you can have the pleasure of being attended by its owner. Room No. 5 is fine. I stayed with my wife and three children, including a baby.
Very close to CBD, Eden Park and with good bus service. Close to Countdown supermarket.
Breakfast is OK, very healthy and excellent service. You can choose your prefered style of eggs.
Good information and because we went on winter, there was plenty of space. Almost the house for us.
They have microwave and tea facilities.
I will be back.

Room Tip: No. 5 is the biggest I think
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family