“The B&B to be in Auckland!”

Bavaria Bed & Breakfast Hotel
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Eileen, thanks for your hospitality and help ( to check in by Malasian Airways). We really enjoyed our stay. The perfect way to end our holiday in your beautiful country All the best for the future!
Greetings. Hans en Clasien from the Netherlands ( code bus 25 or 26)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My adult son and I were hosted by Eileen and her assistant during my first trip to New Zealand. Everything was just great. We are people people so we much enjoyed chatting with them at a lovely breakfast provided. This was my first stay in New Zealand lodging. The room was spotless (very important to me). We'd recommend The Bavarian to everyone. Thank you and we wish you most success on your new venture of hospitality, Eileen.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank suzqstehle
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I actually dont want to write this review as it may cause more people to use this B+B - and then there might not be room for me if I want to stay again!!!
This business is under new ownership - and also being spruced up.
I only stayed for one night as I has a conference to attend in Eden Park, but I could not fault my stay. Room was clean with very comfy bed, hostess was so accomodating and obliging - it was like a breath of fresh air.
Breakfast was amazing - even though there was only me staying and one other - the choices of breakfast were still there, and lots of it. Included in the price - well worth it.
Just a great place - will hopefully get the chance to stay again,
Thanks Eileen.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Welshwilma
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Our friends booked us into Bavaria B&B for the one night we stayed in Auckland, after a few days on Great Barrier Island.
It is in a pleasant and quiet location - a 25 minute (steep) walk to the wonderful views at the top of Mount Eden.
Easy bus or taxi ride into the centre of Auckland and the waterfront. And there are local shops a short walk away.
Our room was adequate, nothing special - tiny bathroom (and we agree with the reviewer who couldn't bend over in the shower!), with a really tiny basin (size of an A5 sheet of paper so basically unusable).
Breakfast was very basic, though we don't usually have cooked breakfast so can't comment on the quality or standard of the German sausages!
We found the staff very friendly and helpful - especially when one of them told us that their phone logging system had told them that we had made an 18 hour phone call to the South Island - she accepted my statement that the call was only for a couple of minutes. So best to double check this if you make phone calls.
Free internet access always welcome.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The Bavarian was the first place we stayed when we arrived in NZ! We think it is a nice and warm place! The owners are a very nice couple, very friendly and helpful, The rooms are nice, big and clean! We recomanded :o)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I've stayed at Bavaria many times over the past 7 years -chosen initially due to its location and proximity to work office, but always enjoyed regardless. Location also handy to Dominion Road Asian restaurants -including great Japanese-and a bit further to Mt Eden village.
You get what you pay for-and I think a bit more. Breakfast is plentiful [I've never tried the cooked version, happy with the cereals, fruit and toast.] Slept in most rooms, and whilst I have a couple of favourites, main thing is the beds have always been comfortable! And rooms have always felt clean and fresh. Lounge area is comfortable, and an opportunity to chat to other guests. Actually like not having a TV in the room! Hosts very hospitable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is the 3rd time we have stayed at the Bavaria. We are not "hotel" people so find this B and B
an excellent choice - close to the city, university and bus routes into the city or airport. We had an upstairs room with a very comfortable king size bed, the bathroom is small but how long do you stay in a bathroom? Downstairs has a large sitting room with TV and you can make coffee or tea at anytime. The Bavaria is situated in a quiet locality, it's clean and has an old world charm.
Nice outside area too. Our host was charming, conversation flowing whilst making breakfast for us. We would definitely recommend this B and B.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends