This was our first stop in New Zealand. It really set the bar high for future B & B's on our trip. The breakfasts were varied, cooked to order, and very tasty. I loved Gerry's omelets with blue cheese! Gerry and Ann were consummate hosts, helping with sightseeing plans. They even drove us to a couple of areas when it was convenient. We stayed there at the beginning and end of our trip. Both times, we had rooms in the Courtyard. Both the rooms were very comfortable, quaint and well appointed. We would highly recommend this hotel to other B & B lovers. The location is excellent for dining and shopping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in a quiet, heritage, 1890's villa in the middle of cosmopolitan Auckland, just 2 minutes stroll to Ponsonby's vibrant cafes, restaurants and galleries. Fifteen minutes by eco bus, five minutes by taxi to the waterfront or a 30 minute amble through Ponsonby's interesting streets. Close to Eden Park, the Zoo and all main attractions. Qualmark 4 star+ and Enviro Gold. Breakfasts are legendary. They are cooked to order, not just left in your fridge the night before. This is a place to have fun & meet other guests.Free, unlimited wifi throughout hotel, ipod docks, all sky channels in your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Great Ponsonby Arthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Ponsonby Arthotel Hotel Auckland Central
- Great Ponsonby Arthotel Auckland, New Zealand