“friendly staff”

Amora Hotel Auckland
Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Stayed here on recent visit to auckland. the staff were great, very helpful to me and the kids. They gave us lots of advice what to do in auckland. Would definately stay here again as the location is quiet but still central.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Margot B
AHA2011, Public Relations Manager at Amora Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Thank you so much for your review on The Amora Hotel Auckland, I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the location to be fantastic for your needs in town. The staff here really are great so I will pass on to them your wonderful comments.
I hope we get the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

LOVED the views from the penthouse me and my girlfriend stayed in. Well worth the money! The people working there were AWESOME and veeery nice. LOVED THE STAY THERE! Well RECOMMENDED . . . the only down fall is that is said there was supposed to be a SPA BATH! Thats the only reason why we booked that room. But everything else, even the food (PRICEY AS THOUGH) was nice and LOVELY! Close to the clubs !! Yeyah. Must do again.

Room Tip: If you want a romantic get away with your special someone. Get this motel :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liirriiqqcolz1

Thank you so much for your review on The Amora Hotel Auckland, I am so pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the staffs awesome. Our staffs here really are great so I will pass on to them your wonderful comments.

I'm sorry though that it was not made clear to you about the spa bath. We do have penthouse that have the spa bath, but seems like you stayed in the one without a spa. We have 2 different types of pethouse suites.

However I hope we get the chance to welcome you back to the Amora Hotel very soon on another special occasion.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We purchased a Grab One deal and got a good price but wouldn't pay more than we did to stay at this hotel again. I phone ahead to make sure I had the right date and that our room would be ready at 2pm before we set out on our way, only to be told when we arrived just after 2pm that we had to wait (which ended up been another half an hour) another couple who arrived just before us and also had a Grabone voucher (as i thought this may be why we had a hick up) got straight into their room and were on one of the top floors, we however got the fourth floor, which was ok. Decks were filthy and had no furniture but were quite private. The wall behind the bed had patched up holes looking like there'd been a bit of an out of hand party there some time ago. couch was busted and had no springs left in it as the table had a broken leg so was pretty unusable. Air Conditioning unit was a big bulking free standing thing that was way too noisy to have on at night and it wasn't working properly and it was pretty warm on the night we stayed.
On the positive note, staff were great, location is central but peaceful. Restaurant was of a high standard BUT we were first there at 6.30 and weren't put by the window, I guess everyone wants the window seat but should be first in first served?? The bed was pretty comfy. Spa bath was fabulous although a little worn and old BUT it had fold back doors so I could talk to my partner who was sitting on the bed as I sat in the spa, it was great! Shower was a good one and having a kitchenette with a sink is always helpful!

Room Tip: Talk to staff, maybe ask for a higher floor but I think looking out onto Myers Park was the best spo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank littlemshappy

Hello,
Thank you so much for your review on The Amora Auckland, I apologise for the inconvenience caused by a faulty air conditioner in your room and the other matters that you have raised. I make no excuses for the lack of maintanence that you found in your room. Please accept my sincere apology. The maintanence department have been informed of this matter and I assure you that these matters are being looked into seriously.

However, I am glad you found the staff very friendly and you enjoyed the spa bath. Thank you for commenting on the high stantard of our Grill restaurant and yes, during summer, our window seats are a usually reserved way in advance.

Thank again for you time in writting a review. I hope to welcome you back soon !

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Amora was a nice place to stay, but lacked friendliness and personable qualities in their staff. Location was great, and carparking was a great bonus. We spent our first night in New Zealand here and the view from out window was fantastic. However, the shower leaked water all over the floor.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
AHA2011, Public Relations Manager at Amora Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Thank you so much for your review on The Amora Hotel Auckland, I would like to apologise for your disappointment with the service , this is not the kind of service we usually pride ourselves as you might have noted from other reviews.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we can welcome you back to Amora Hotel Auckland again very soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

I stayed here Dec 20 & 21st with a tour group. The staff was extremely accommodating and top notch. The room was spacious and clean. However, there were problems. The toilet kept running long after it should have. I ignored it at first since I thought it just might be how the plumbing worked in this city or country. But on the 2nd night, after I had already gotten into bed, it would not stop running. I called reception, and a young man from reception came up. He was not able to fix it. Since the room next to me was empty, he had me change to that room. So I moved with the help of him and a young woman who came to help. In the morning when I went into the shower, the handle holding the shower head broke off. The tube on the shower head was moldy. Finishing the shower wasn't easy. So while the hotel staff was very nice and very accommodating, and the location was quite good, and the breakfast room quite lovely, there are some problems they need to work on.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marilynjl

Thank you so much for your review on the Amora Hotel Auckland, I apologise for the inconvenience caused by a faulty toilet in your initial room and shower head in the other room.

I make no excuse to the lack of mainatance issues in the room. Rest assured that the Maintanence department have been informed and are vigorously looking into these matters

Thank you for the positive comments on our staffs and the breakfast in the Grill.

We llok forward to hosting you soon !

Reviewed 10 January 2013

My husband and I live in central Auckland and he treated me to a night at the Amora Hotel one weekend.

The room was nice and we had a good view of the city & sky tower. The TV was very small and quite old.

We decided to have a night in and ordered room service. The prices were quite high so we were expecting good food. I ordered a gourmet burger & fries. It was disgusting. One of the worst burgers I've ever had, and the fries were cold. My husbands meal was the same. DO NOT ORDER THE ROOM SERVICE.

After our room service experience that night, we were nervous about breakfast the next morning. We got down to the restaurant and were greeted by some lovely staff and shown to a table. Even though it was a buffet, the manager came and asked us what we wanted in our big breakfast and delivered it to us, as well as us raiding the buffet for cereals and breads etc.

Overall a pretty good experience, but probably wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay. It's good to hear that you enjoyed the room and the view from the hotel .

We have taken your comments on board about the room service meal and are always looking for areas in which we are able to improve our guest experience. We are glad you enjoyed breakfast at the Grill.

We hope to see you enjoy the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Just recently my wife and I required stying in Auckland City for just one night.
We like hotels, we like b&b's, so thought we would look to see just what is centrally located, and a hotel we had not yet stayed in(we have stayed in several in Auckland).and was reasonably priced.
The Amora looked promising, although it had a 'range' of assorted reviews.
Well we were pleasantly surprised.
The hotel is in a good ,quite loaction, but handy to motorway on/ off ramps.
It was the design of the room that actually appealed to us.
Fully kitchen facilities were available.
A large fully operational spa was a feature in our room..
The room was clean & spacious, complete with a balcony to utilise, looking out towards the nice trees of Myer's Park
Although we didn't use it, the outdoor spa and simming pool looked inviting.
We dined at night in the restuarant, which was very convenient.
We are happy to fully recommend the Amora to any visitors to Auckland City.

Room Tip: Choosing the double spa option was good for us.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family