“Fantastic service and very clean rooms !”

Amora Hotel Auckland
Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have just check-out of the Amora Hotel Auckland. I was commenting on how much Ive enjoyed my stay to the check-out staff. She suggested that I write a review and I was more than happy to do this.

My husband and I stayed here for the last 3 nights visiting some friends in Auckland. We booked the Deluxe room and was very kindly put on a high floor. The room was spacious and very clean. Had everything we needed for our short stay. Location is a plus as we could generally walk everywhere from here and transport was also easyly available.

We had breakfast for 3 mornings and it was awesome. Staff are always friendly and helpful.
We did not use the pool or have any other meals in the restaurant as there are plenty of authentic restaurants and cafe nearby.

Overall it was an enjoyable stay. I will highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HamL1974
AHA2011, Public Relations Manager at Amora Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Amora Hotel Auckland.

I was thrilled to read your favorable comments about the room and location and overall I am pleased you had a successful stay.

Your comments are important to the success of our hotel, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Thanks again for taking the time to submit your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Best regards

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Could not fault the room- very comfortable, clean and quiet!
Check in was efficient and helpful!
We loved the location- just minutes away from the CBD!
We had an amazing breakfast at the restaurant ! Good value for money !!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Autograf
AHA2011, Public Relations Manager at Amora Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Autograf,

It’s exciting to receive such valuable comments from our guests as we take pride and strive towards delivering an outstanding guest experience to make us the most preferred destination in the Auckland City.

We are happy to note that your stay was comfortable and our facilities & services were to your liking and expectation.

Thank you for for choosing the Amora Hotel, we await your return and hope to be your preferred destination in Auckland CBD.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

My partner and I have just had a lovely weekend and stayed at The Amora Hotel Auckland. We were on the 8th floor and it was lovely. The spa in the room was a treat !The bed was soooo comfortable and the shower was great. A handy location and only a 5min walk to Queens Street and Sky Tower. Had an awesome buffet breakfast as well, Everything was nice and hot. All staffs were friendly and helpful, especially the floor maids. Parking was a bit tight but it was complimentary . Will stay here again and highly recommend.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny The A/C unit had no noise at all.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
AHA2011, Public Relations Manager at Amora Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Thank you for your very positive feedback - we are pleased to hear you enjoyed our blissful bed and our buffet breakfast It’s wonderful to hear that our staff were friendly and made you feel welcomedl - that’s the kind of experience we always strive to deliver. We’ve passed your comments on to the team members, and we shall hope to welcome you again soon to the Amora Hotel Auckland !

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the Amora Hotel at Auckland. The hotel was very warm and welcoming and location was perfect for us.
The room had everything you would need, even had a little kitchenette complete with washer and dryer. The decor was a bit outdated but very clean and tidy.
We had complimentary breakfast with our room and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Staffs were great and very attending. The guy at the bar was very friendly.
We will definetly return !

Room Tip: my room was nice and pleasant.. its a corner.. :):)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very positive feedback - we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your room and the breakfast. It’s wonderful to hear that our staff are making our guests feel so welcome and special - that’s the kind of experience we always strive to deliver. We’ve passed your comments on to the team members, and we shall hope to welcome you again soon !

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Had my first stay in Auckland. Didn't want to stay in a big or flash hotel neither a backpackers. Good apartment style accommodation. Good price. Convenient location. Not in the middle of the noisy Queen Street. Staff were friendly very accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback about the hotel. We are pleased to hear you found our staff to be friendly and accomodating- it’s always our aim to ensure our guests feel welcome and valued during their stay. We hope you had enjoyed your visit to Aucklnad and hope to see you again soon at the Amora Hotel !

Reviewed 3 August 2013

My flight was on early July 30 morning, but I saw check out time must be after 2:00PM. So I booked 3 days, from July 29 to Aug. 1st.
When I checked in on July 30, 7:00AM, the reception person told me my booking time was on July 29. So it is not right. I told him since I can not check in before 2:00PM, so I booked one day earlier. He then went into office room for several minutes, and then came back tell me I could check in. I asked whether I should book for July 30 and 31, he said yes. I asked him, how many days I should pay for, he said 2!
He told me the check out time is 10:00AM. (I could not find such information in my booking confirmation documents)
While checking out, he gave me a bill for July 29, 30, and 31. And refused to do any check with Expedia. He was quite rude I would say.
It is strange, I could not do it right: I booked for July 29 to July 31, he told me I was wrong I should book for July 30 and 31. but in the end he charged me for 3 days.
In addition, the booking confirmation letter is lack of check out time - which is important information. He said, we gave all information to Expedia, so it is my problem with expedia and nothing to do with them?! - I was so surprised that a service industry professional could say this ?
Would suggest tourists never use this hotel! They are mean, always try to take advantages from customers, do not walk their promise.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
AHA2011, Public Relations Manager at Amora Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Mr Fang,

Thank you taking the time to write your experience with us.

Im sorry for the terrible miscommunication about your reservation but however this misunderstanding is also brought upon from how you made your reservation.

The standard check-in time in New Zealand is 2pm and check-out time is 10am. This is clearly stated on our hotel website. Your booking from Expedia was made from 29th July to 31st July, this is a total of 3 nights chargeable. There was no notes or special requests from your booking stating that you are an early arrival on the 30th July. Hence, on the 29th, we closed your booking as a 'no-show'. When you turned up on the 30th July, your booking in the system showed as 'no-show', thats why the staff need to confirm this with Expedia before proceeding with your check-in.

Since you did make a 3 night booking, hence you were charged for 3 nights. All pre-booked rooms are charged on nighly basis. Its a standard procedure in any hotel, however, if you had contacted the hotel direct, we would have been happy to waive the pre-booking charge and allowed you to check-in early as we were on low occupancy.

If you want to make a booking in future in any hotel, please conatct the hotel direct. You have a better chance at getting a deal and amending the booking is hassle free.

Im sorry that you found the staff to be rude as this is not the usual comment I receive. The staffs here are generally helpful and accomodating.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We took advantage of a GrabOne deal and headed to Auckland. We had a room with spa bath. It was a lovely room, very clean and tidy. On arrival we had a cheese board and crackers and a bottle of bubbles. It was very central and great location for walking around the city. The parking was a bit of a squeeze in the basement but otherwise it was all good. The staff were very friendly and helpful.. Breakfast was amazing in the morning, we loved that. Having an extended check out time was great too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
AHA2011, Public Relations Manager at Amora Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Donna,

It is a matter of pride to know that our team lived up to your expectations with their friendly and helpful service. Your word of appreciation for our associates encourages them to continue to strive for further excellence.