“Great!”

Amora Hotel Auckland
Ranked #26 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Good service, excellent room. They couldn't get us in a deluxe room, and we had to wait a little while, but they offered some free drinks and we're very apologetic. Got a twin room which was huge. Would highly recommend. Great location, very good price was the cheapest place we could find and was very impressed by the value we got.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
AHA2011, Public Relations Manager at Amora Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Amora Hotel Auckland.

I am delighted to read you were well look after by our team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 12 October 2013

The Amora in Auckland offers an apartment style room that is perfect for the travelling family. With kitchen facilities plus a washer/dryer in room, you can be as self-contained as you wish.
The friendly staff are very helpful and happy to provide any service you need.
Also has a pool and hot tub for a relaxing end of day swim or soak.
The hotel is a short walk to Auckland CBD.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Suite with 2 Queen beds
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking your time to review Amora Hotel Auckland.

I am very pleased you had an enjoyable stay and found our hotel satisfactory. We thank you for recommending us.

We look forward to welcome you back soon and hopefully you will be able to stay longer on your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

We got a deal from grabone which gave us a night and cooked breakfast plus wine and chocolates for $99! Nice bar downstairs, great restaraunt and the breakfast was full cooked plus unlimited of everything else (cereal, baked goods, toast, drinks etc). Lovely Russian woman at the bar, very friendly and helpful. $10 for 2 x RTDs and a bowl of fries at the bar was the special at the time. The outdoor pool and hotub looked great but we didn't swim this time. Nice room, everything you need. It appears that most if not all rooms have a balcony. Short walk to queen street but if you're from Wellington you can use your snapper card on the city circuit bus for free. (Tip: catch city bus to Pitt st then walk back down greys ave to hotel if you can't be bothered dealing with the hill). We stayed 2 nights and would definetly stay here again. Thanks Amora!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. I appreciate you taking your time to review our property.

I have shared your wonderful feedback about service you received with the rest of our team, in particular with Anna, our rusian hostess.

We look for to welcome you back to the Amora Hotel Auckland !

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed here for a week whilst travelling on business in September, primarily I was looking good value for money, and a room that had good facilities.

This hotel certainly has that, the fact that there is a full size fridge, cooker and complete kitchenware is great, ideal if, like me, you travel a lot and miss the chance to just take it easy a few evenings a week, rather than hunting for somewhere to eat.

Supplied mini bar was very good, as was the TV etc in the room.

Hotel staff very friendly, they even sorted me a deal on my internet and breakfast for the week which was a breath of fresh air after being ripped off in the Holiday Inn the week before!

I had room service twice, which was delivered extremely quickly, piping hot and tasted great, my compliments to the chef and waiting staff for that.

Breakfast could do with some work, the toasters were frustrating to say the least, and the scrambled eggs somewhat rubbery. Some tabasco sauce helped though!

On site Gym isn't much to write about, a small room with some very ageing multi-gym equipment, my recommendation is to go running in the park next to the hotel!

Location is good, about a 6 or 7 minute walk to Queen Street, where there are shops, cinema, bowling and many restaurants.

I will definitely use this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the park, I was facing the other side and it is noisy due to the proximity of the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott M
AHA2011, Public Relations Manager at Amora Hotel Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for taking your time to review Amora Hotel Auckland.

I am pleased you were looked after by our professional staff and enjoyed the facilities we have to offer.

We apologise for the faulty toaster, be assured that it has now been replaced.

The team at the Amora Hotel Auckland looks forward to welcome you back soon !

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I just wanted to drop a few lines and share my experience on a short stay at the Amora recently. My sister was flying in from US to Auckland and since she could not make the trip to Sydney, I arranged to catch up with her there.

Since I plan ahead, I booked the hotel, rang the hotel and spoke to the staff, emailed the hotel to ensure that since my sister was arriving earlier than my flight, she should check in and not wait. At not stage I was advised of any other procedure or process that I needed to follow but a positive yes on the phone and email that all was in order.

The experience my sister had with her check in is of such poor standard that you would not expect this even in a non speaking and developing country. Despite being asked to wait until I arrived there was just pure lack of customer care from all ranks present at the hotel that day. Until my sister walked up and asked after 4 hours of waiting, no one actually asked why was she still in the foyer -(cold and windy).weather outside so she could not go anywhere.

I spoke with the afternoon shift person who was apologetic and advised that she had checked my sister in. Next morning I spoke to the Duty Manager who also was apologetic and advised that she will follow that through.

If customer care is the driver of filling the hotel room, Amora failed very badly.

My travel's in Asia and the US over many years had set a high expectation but simple customer care was lacking at Amora.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank YashZeini
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed in the Amora because there was a really good daily deal offer. It might not be the best hotel in Auckland, but for what you pay, it is excellent. We got shown to our room on the 9th floor. Unfortunately, we noticed there was a funny smell in the room. We pointed this out, and were immediately upgraded to a really nice executive suite spa, with a view of the park. Well done Amora, we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Views of the park are nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of Amora Hotel Auckland.

Best regards

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Our group of 5 booked into the hotel and in the lift on the way to our rooms it stopped between floors. We pressed the emergency button and we were not sure whether we had been heard. After about 10 minutes, the maintenance man came and helped us crawl out. The lift continued to be used. On our second day, we got stuck in the lift again, this time it plummeted to the basement. Notices then appeared on the lifts that only 2 people( rather than 11 or 700 kgs) could use them at a time. We were pretty upset that at neither time we were approached by staff and asked if we were alright. And after both incidents we gave our feedback to reception but no apology was forthcoming. We found out that between our first and second incidents other people got stuck too, one group for an hour.. Would have thought safety is paramount but this was not at all apparent from the attitude of the manager and staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cath n

Dear Cath,

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback.

We apologise profusely for the incident. We were undergoing maintainence on our lifts and have put a clear signage on the lifts advising this matter and that during this time the lift can only take 3 people at a time.

We are aware of the 5 of you being stuck in the lift and the maintanence man came within 10mons to let you out. The Duty Manager has met up with the ladies in your group and had extended his apologies on both occasions. Apologies was also extended to your group at the counter, when you reported this matter. Im sorry that you were not aware of this. You were all given a 50% off the accomodation bill for the inconvience caused.

I can assure you that we are doing all we can to retify this matter with the lifts with the concerned lift company. We take safety in the hotel very seriously.

Once again, I thank you for your feedback.