“Great Location, Very affordable”

Amora Hotel Auckland
Ranked #25 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
“Great Location, Very affordable”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Very happy with my stay at the Amora Auckland. Had to make a quick unexpected trip to Auckland and my usual hotel was fully booked so I came across the Amora. Very happy with the location and price of my stay. Was only there for a short time so didn't have time to see all of the facilities. The restaurant although quiet was very nice. Reasonably priced and a good selection on the menu. Great if you are in Auckland for a quick trip and need something central. Will definitely be staying here again in the near future.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
AHA2011, Manager at Amora Hotel Auckland, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback, I am glad that you found our price reasonable. We would love to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Auckland
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Booked for 3, only set up for 2 on arrival. Whilst staff were very professional , did not find them friendly or outgoing at all. Air conditioning a joke consists of one noisy freestanding unit in the corner, had to sleep with the patio door open for ventilation. Spa pool out of order. On a positive note very clean and well located to City centre and motorway.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

AHA2011, General Manager at Amora Hotel Auckland, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Ruth K,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review.

I am delighted to read that you found the Amora Auckland to be clean and well located.

I do apologise for the out of order spa pool. Rest assured that we are doing all we can to get it fixed.

I hope you will continue to stay with us during many more visits to Auckland in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We booked 3 nights and stayed only one. It was to far to walk to town and back if you had any shopping or if walking was an issue. The air con was one of those mobile ones that really don't cool the room beyond the actual room temperature so it average 26 during the day and was so noisy at night you really had to turn it off. I ad to make a local call and was to,d it woud be 1.20 per minute so I didn't. The food in the restaurant was excellent both dinner and brekkie. Wifi only worked downstairs which no one tells you when you book.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear David S,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay, and have taken note of the issues you have raised which I will address with my team here at the Amora Auckland.

Im sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our location because this is usually not the case. We are centrally located and only a 5mins to the CBD. On another note, I am happy to know that you enjoy the Grill Restaurant.

We take our guest feedback seriously as this is how improvements are made within the hotel, and I thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. I do hope you will consider a return visit in the near future.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Recommend a room looking over the park and not onto Greys Ave, unless you like looking at a state house apartment/industrial complex parking area. Rooms nice and big with plenty of space. The room had its own kitchen which smelt of bacon, floor was a bit slippery. I arrived on a typical rainy Auckland day and quickly noticed some water had leaked in from the balcony windows. Shower/bath divider was annoying with water leaking down onto the floor. Bar service was slow with all the staff focused on the restaurant - even when the bar was fairly busy. I had lunch here once and was fairly happy with the quality. Prices were ok for a lunch menu. Very quick walk into the CBD.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear J A,

Locust Grove, Virginia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The room was actually very nice, like a mini-suite, with a small balcony, kitchen and even a combination washer/dryer (that was a bit confusing to operate and took VERY long to complete a cycle, but was still very useful.) The front desk staff were also all very helpful. Decent location near the center of town as well.

The internet situation was a bit ridiculous - had to pay, and this was just for internet in the lobby. The parking was also $20 and the spaces were pretty tight. Still, other than these two issues, we loved the place.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear JVA22,

Thanks so much for your encouraging feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will visit us again when you are next in Auckland

Nong Thale, Thailand
Reviewed 5 January 2014

GOOD: comfortable, quiet location, tree lined street, birds, free washer/dryer in room, walkable to shopping district. BAD: paid parking, no free wi-fi, expensive restaurant, funky air-conditioning. not much more to say!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
John S,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay, and have taken note of the issues you have raised which I will address with my team here at the Amora.

I do hope you will consider a return visit in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Redland City, Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2014

As a family of 2ad & 2 kids, finding hotels that accom us all in 1 room is sometimes difficult as many have a max room capacity of 3. We also had a hire car and didn't particularly want to pay almost as much for car parking as we did for the room. We also wanted somewhere city centre. The Amora hotel in Auckland ticked all our boxes and didnt disappoint in any way. We were really happy with the spacious & well appointed rooms & bathroom, walking distance to city and harbour. The package we had also included breakfast which was a great way to start our driving holiday. The staff were really friendly and accommodating. Thanks heaps.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear BirdyBunch

Thank you for your wonderful review and I was pleased to read you have an enjoyable stay here with us. I do hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards