This old Mercure right next to BritoMart is easy access to everywhere I go in Auckland. That is it's best feature. Breakfast in the hotel is either $32 full buffet or $29 cold only buffet -- no other options. GREAT if you are on the 7 day tour
of NZ and your full brekkie is included in your package rate. The Internet access is TOTALLY terrible. While there is 30 minutes free -- it has a data cap.
As does the paid service which comes in $5, $10 and $29.95 increments but all w/ data caps that are easily exceeded before the designated 30 min, 1 hour and 24 hour time periods w/o watching YouTube for an hour, simply w/ a couple MB attachments. Why are hotels in NZ like 3rd World countries when it comes to Internet Access?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the picturesque Waitemata Harbour in the heart of Auckland city and located adjacent to Britomart transport centre, the hotel is an easy walk to the waterfront and the best shopping, restaurant and nightlife districts in Auckland. Mercure Hotel Auckland has conference facilities for up to 300 delegates, the Vertigo Restaurant and Bar located on the top floor offering magnificent views of the city and harbour as well as a gym and valet parking. All rooms come with broadband Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Accor Hotel Auckland
- Mercure Auckland New Zealand